7. [b1] Richland HS

8. [F1] Cinco Ranch HS

9. [A2] Flower Mound HS

10. [E2] Jersey Village HS

11. [F2] Brazoswood HS

12. [C2] Plano East Sr HS

13. [G1] Lopez HS

14. [G2] Dulles HS

Not much on the Area G love? Lopez was the 2005 4A Honor Band.

I really think Lopez can pull of top seven. There's often an underdog that does better than most think they will. Last year, in the 4A competition, Centennial and Southwest took second and third place respectively even though it was there first time submitting. I'm really pulling for Lopez.

i wonder what people think about our chances. I know that we got unanimously 1st over Argyle. I don't know that much about the other schools though. If anyone would like to tell me about the others I'll be glad to listen

terminator, I thought you guys were moving up to 4A? So if you won, you would perform at 3A honor band as a 4A school?

yep, that's whats going to happen, like I know this year a lot of 3A schools were outraged that we were still 3A b/c we had an enrollment of like 1400 about a whole freshmen class of 500 or so above the 3A cutoff. So, this year we basically monopolized everything we did. Every team except the soccer team made playoffs, a couple strong state performers both individual and team players, and some other events. So yeah, some people aren't happy, but that's the way it it. In fact, I was opposed to having all these new schools, and start in 3A for two years, but it's actually working out very well.

yep, that's whats going to happen, like I know this year a lot of 3A schools were outraged that we were still 3A b/c we had an enrollment of like 1400 about a whole freshmen class of 500 or so above the 3A cutoff. So, this year we basically monopolized everything we did. Every team except the soccer team made playoffs, a couple strong state performers both individual and team players, and some other events. So yeah, some people aren't happy, but that's the way it it. In fact, I was opposed to having all these new schools, and start in 3A for two years, but it's actually working out very well.

I hafta get slightly off topic on this comment:

My sophomore year, we were technically a 5A school (I believe we had like 2,300+ students) competing as a 4A, and there was a lot of drama and stuff going on with that too.

But, I'll try to make a comment that's more on topic:

Again with the middle school bands: It looks like Wester just didn't submit a tape at all. I remember the director was kinda frustrated with his kids for a little while, but honestly I think the several recordings they had were very decent, so it shocks me that they didn't submit.

I hafta get slightly off topic on this comment:

My sophomore year, we were technically a 5A school (I believe we had like 2,300+ students) competing as a 4A, and there was a lot of drama and stuff going on with that too.

But, I'll try to make a comment that's more on topic:

Again with the middle school bands: It looks like Wester just didn't submit a tape at all. I remember the director was kinda frustrated with his kids for a little while, but honestly I think the several recordings they had were very decent, so it shocks me that they didn't submit.

--------------------

Wester MS did submit a tape for honor band, I heard it.

They were 7th out of 9 in Region 24 and did not advance.