2008 TMEA Honor Band

Xenon,

You have been listing State at Saturday, July 27th.

Shouldn't it be Sunday, July 27th? I thought the judging was that Sunday.

Thanks

Dangit, you are right. I'm not used to band things happening on a Sunday, so it just automatically slipped in my head to Saturday.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow i didnt think rowlett would make it this far... i skiped their spring concert to go watch hs baseball... silly me...

Rowlett's CD was great! I had them fairly strongly in first place in the Area. They did an awesome job with Patterson's arrangement of Engima Variations. I personally expect them to be in the top half at State or at least close to it.

Today is the long awaited Area D listening.

AAAAA Bands competing:

Cedar Park HS

Coppell HS

Duncanville HS

Georgetown HS

Round Rock HS

Spring HS

The Woodlands HS

Picking just two out of that group is going to be a nightmare.

My personal prediction (I have not heard all these bands) is that Duncanville and Spring will be the advancers, but that leaves out so many great bands that could do very well at the State level.

Interesting....so Georgetown gets the judges vote over CP at Region but at Area every single judge ranked CP higher. Makes me wonder if there were some politics coming into play since both panels were listening to the exact same recording.

Unless I'm missing something, what you're saying might not be true. Those rankings are listed for each school from lowest to highest to preserve judge anonymity. That being said, the judge who ranked Georgetown fourth could also be the judge who ranked CP fifth. Still, you're pretty much right. At least four of the judges ranked CP higher.

Yeah, I edited my post like 5 times (ran out of edits). initial post was speculation on the placement, then I realized the scoresheet was posted, so I used my second edit to delete what I said. Then I wrote a third edit saying what I thought about the scores. Then I realized I said something stupid and went and edited it again. Then I think I edited it back to nothing.....and then I noticed the scores weren't in order but by that time I ran out of edits (probably some kind of built-in antispam policy the BBS has installed) so I had to leave it.

Ha, wow, that's a lot of edits. Still, you could have been right. Four out the five of the scores flipped from Region to Area.

Different set of judges with a lot of bands that are really good and some of which were probably really close to eachother.

Edit: Added Area D 3C Full Results.