UIL 6A 2023 State Finals

LeanderMomma

1 hour ago, washedupalum2017 said:

WOW that flute soloist! Hopped up on the stage and rammed a billion notes in about 15 seconds & sounded flawless doing it.

As you can probably guess from my username, I'm a Vandy band parent. And Ethan (that soloist) is honestly one of the most talented musicians I have ever seen. I don't even think the solo does him justice. He's also a really nice kid :)

Ronald Reagan HS-

This was my first time seeing their show this year, and this show just added to the many reasons why Reagan is one of my favorite programs! The opener was truly spectacular, I loved just how chaotic it was! I really enjoyed the music and really enjoyed the low brass feature. Thank you Ronald Reagan for a fantastic performance! 

My prediction for the top 5. I didn't catch the first half 

1. Vandegrift

2. Marcus

3. Hebron is determined to clean up before Nats. This is the anger to fuel their fire

4. in a mild upset Vista Ridge rides their musicality to a medal

5. The Woodlands

6. Flower Mound after putting on an amazing show are left dumbfounded and ready to hit it hard for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

My prediction for the top 5. I didn't catch the first half 

1. Vandegrift

2. Marcus

3. Hebron is determined to clean up before Nats. This is the anger to fuel their fire

4. in a mild upset Vista Ridge rides their musicality to a medal

5. The Woodlands

6. Flower Mound after putting on an amazing show are left dumbfounded and ready to hit it hard for the rest of the season. 

Unfortunately, this is FloMo's last contest

I'm jealous of all the folks who were at the stadium today to witness all these bands perform. IMO, streaming doesn't do any of these bands justice (regardless of platform, the technology just isn't there yet).

For those ending your season today, congratulations on a great season. For the rest, all the best on your next contest and keep it up. Thank you for your performance today.