UIL 6A 2023 State Finals

LeanderMomma

Cy-Fair I thought got off to a little bit of a rough start but then it just cleaned up and they nailed the rest of the show.  Looking forward to watching that one again. 

That Pearland show blew me away.  Sounds incredible and those uniforms....WOW.  Incredible visual.

I can't believe Bridgeland has only been around since 2017.

There are some superstar bands coming up but the first half of this has been VERY satisfying.

Ditto on 

Just now, Tailgate88 said:

Cy-Fair I thought got off to a little bit of a rough start but then it just cleaned up and they nailed the rest of the show.  Looking forward to watching that one again. 

That Pearland show blew me away.  Sounds incredible and those uniforms....WOW.  Incredible visual.

I can't believe Bridgeland has only been around since 2017.

There are some superstar bands coming up but the first half of this has been VERY satisfying.

Ditto on bridgeland. One to watch for sure.

Was this not Cy Fair's last performance of the season?

I was very impressed with Pearland and Keller.  Good signs for those bands as their season still has another week and a half.  Every band in the first half of finals today showed why they deserved to be there!  So happy to see these Cy Fair schools finally break in to finals.

3 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Was this not Cy Fair's last performance of the season?

I was very impressed with Pearland and Keller.  Good signs for those bands as their season still has another week and a half.  Every band in the first half of finals today showed why they deserved to be there!  So happy to see these Cy Fair schools finally break in to finals.

Yes, but I screen captured it.  😉

31 minutes ago, washedupalum2017 said:

Shoutout to Coppell for being the only school so far to still be wearing shakos. I guess I'm old school for that opinion. I think it's necessary in some drum corps due to way the visual package has evolved -- much more demanding choreo -- but I don't think a single high school has a choreo program that requires no headgear.

here at bridgeland we decided to experiment w/ no shakos because they could look a little clunky with the show theme if i remember correctly. we talked ab it early in the season so take that with a grain of salt

Vandegrift HS-

AMAZING Performance! The music is truly beautiful, and I really think that they could win the music side with the judges! Idk why though, but I feel that the visuals is what's going to get them. Overall, amazing performance from the reigning state champion and I hope it reflects in the placements!

4 minutes ago, SleepySeal said:

Seeing Vandegrift in person was a dream. They’re all such individually great marchers. But I can see what some of you all mean. It’s different in person. It feels something is missing. 

Zero props - wonder if that will hurt GE?  Vandy plays their faces off though and as you said - crazy marching.