Every Texas Marching Contest 2023

So here is the schedule for every Competition in Texas in 2023. I've decided to make all in one place. I've seen people do something like this before, and I wanted to give it a try. Of course, this is a WIP and is not complete, but will be updated frequently. Here is the link to the google sheets template I made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l6t-pDPDb4suysYNMYQErTJ5fBW2zOyquFA9EXD2n3E/edit#gid=0

I have a document with every contest for the 2023 season that should have some of the Texas contest's you are looking for. Its on page 2 of the upcoming topics forum.

5 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Yes, I am going to need some help. I don't really know about a lot of non BOA/USBands contests outside of the DFW area. So if y'all know any other contests, please post them here.

12 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I have a document with every contest for the 2023 season that should have some of the Texas contest's you are looking for. Its on page 2 of the upcoming topics forum.

Thank you! I was for a while, having trouble finding contests outside of the DFW area. But I think for this time, I'm just going to keep it Texas specific with the exceptions being St. Louis and GNats.

9 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Thank you! I was for a while, having trouble finding contests outside of the DFW area. But I think for this time, I'm just going to keep it Texas specific with the exceptions being St. Louis and GNats.

Understandable. I created the all 2023 contest spreadsheet for those who want to see bands that compete in other BOA areas that are going to be at Grand Nationals, but also so people have a chance to see how other groups do that aren't in Texas :)

I have no idea if he signed us up for it or not, but my director said that we would be at BOA Austin - Gatesville HS. Is there anyway for me to find out if that’s true? If it helps I‘ve been told that we are a REALLY big 1A in BOA.

I’m just wondering because from what I’m aware of Gatesville hasn’t been to BOA since 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, BandMan0422 said:

Hello.. my name is Cory Hiles, Director of Bands at Teague ISD. We are hosting our 2023 Teague Marching Invitational on Saturday, October 7th, 2023. As of right now, we have 22 bands signed up.

Do you know the list of bands that are currently signed up?

Welcome to TXBands!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • BandNerd07 changed the title to Every Texas Competition 2023

So we are now only 6 days away from contest season in Texas. I have not forgotten about this page and as we get closer to that time of the season, I am going to be updating this page more frequently than I have been. So I should at least be done finalizing the Sept. 23 contests by the end of tonight.

3 hours ago, TrenBS said:

I would recommend personally pasting the area draw orders as you find them and then cutting/placing times based on the schedules, just to save work later, some areas have posted their draws so just throwing this out there

Okay I will probably do that tonight. I'm actually on a way to a game right now so it's kinda hard to do that on a phone. I'm considering also adding UIL Region contests here as well, but I'm not sure if I will.

18 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

Okay I will probably do that tonight. I'm actually on a way to a game right now so it's kinda hard to do that on a phone. I'm considering also adding UIL Region contests here as well, but I'm not sure if I will.

That's what I've been doing on my spreadsheet, since Region is a contest.

• BandNerd07 changed the title to Every Texas Marching Contest 2023

Alright, I sincerely apologize for not making any changes to this spreadsheet in weeks. As a marching band member myself, I have been really busy for these past few weeks in the midst of contest season and UIL Region coming up. I just want to assure you all that I am back to work at this, as you can see I've already completed all 9/23 contests. There will be some comps that I will not have results for (like Melissa prelims or Seguin), and more because they don't actually release results to the public, but I'll try to do the best I can. Also, if there was a comp that is not on here, feel free to let me know (there are so so many comps that go on in one day in this huge state that I might've skipped over).