2023 BOA DFW (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

Jenks also has a smooth and quality program.   Great use of the sashes each member wore - and you could feel the intensity and purpose each member brought.   I loved the execution - I kept thinking about the choice to come into the teeth of a stacked regional monster and do this well- 

this band wins in most other regionals in the west - but likely gains more confidence by performing here.   

Flo mo- honestly - this is such a counter point to the dr suess craziness just two years ago.   It’s strong; clean - frankly, it’s like the NBA dream team deciding to really bear down and beat some African team by 90.  

it’s shocking how good it is - and you then consider it’s only Oct 7.   Holy crap.  
every year there’s a few programs you just stand up and go - WHOA.   what just happened?    And this is one of them.  

17 minutes ago, Gehrig4 said:

Coppell- ok, that’s going to be the 6a area b favorite.   What a brass sound.   So powerful and clean.   Loved the use of the props and they maintained the intensity throughout.  
This band never seems to dominate a discussion but they flat out deserve to.  

I definitely feel like they’re a group that gets overlooked a bit? Dare I say maybe not well-evaluated by folks sometimes🤐

Hebron’s closer is so interesting. I really like that musical selection. It’s different than anything I’ve heard them play. We’re so used to this level of musical craziness from Hebron that I always have to remind myself that it’s not normal to be that freaking good.

5 minutes ago, Gehrig4 said:

Complete catastrophe for Hebron - kids standing for over five mins with no sound.  I can’t even imagine.  
will be interesting to see if it costs them in the judging or if it was excused.    

that said, what a recovery.   It’s Hebron and their methodical nature of even entering the field pays off psychologically because when the bell rings - they are as branded.  Musically superior - the movements are professional and clean - and you’re left with not only a wow - but also a sense you heard something far beyond it’s level.  

We know they will get benefit of doubt. 

6 minutes ago, Origin said:

Hebron’s closer is so interesting. I really like that musical selection. It’s different than anything I’ve heard them play. We’re so used to this level of musical craziness from Hebron that I always have to remind myself that it’s not normal to be that freaking good.

I think the development of that from the ballad onward will probably be the better half of Hebron’s show for me, and I imagine most spectators as well. Very interested to see the probably significant amount of show that’s left!!