2023 BOA Prosper (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

lowkey kinda shocked about some of these placements (very welcome shock though), but I want to say a huge congrats to everyone advancing to finals! I am very impressed with everyone’s prelims run, especially Hendrickson and Duncanville. Very very proud of McKinney North for advancing, y’all deserve it!

These results do show how GE effects results heavily, watching these groups if I were to go based on clean/difficulty then some of these bands I wouldnt have in top 12 honestly, not discrediting their work but this shows how unpredictable BOA can be based on how judges treat certain aspects of shows and how not having certain things in a show will just tank your score hard, huge congratulations to some of these bands though for breaking records and expectations of their placements!

Gutted for Dville. Thought they were in the correct enough direction to squeeze into finals as I though they had a good run but then again I am biased so I’m also not too surprised at the same time. Also, gutted for Hendrickson. Thought they had a super fun show so I didn’t really see them getting left out. That’s the way the ball rolls sometimes tho! Congrats to all the bands performing this evening and can’t wait to see how everything ends after finals. Oh and congrats to LD Bell what an achievement for them! 

19 minutes ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

lowkey kinda shocked about some of these placements (very welcome shock though), but I want to say a huge congrats to everyone advancing to finals! I am very impressed with everyone’s prelims run, especially Hendrickson and Duncanville. Very very proud of McKinney North for advancing, y’all deserve it!

Huge congratulations on making finals!

10 minutes ago, peshbandkid said:

I am incredibly surprised by these results! From what I am seeing

- Keller in the bottom half (!!!)

- No Hendrickson, Rockwall, Sachse, or Duncanville

- Azle a finalist (!!!!!!!)

- KC a in the top half

- L.D. Bell sweeping captions 

Band-tober never disappoints!

Wasn’t super surprised about Azle, they looked at sounded great, TONS of GE, definitely will be interesting to see where they land at Area!