2023 BOA Waco (Oct. 28)

LeanderMomma

2 minutes ago, ChrisC27 said:

Not CTJ’s year. Dripping springs takes this for sure. In my opinion, you have Churchill to low. They just took first overall at Vista Ridge beating McNeil, Brandeis, O’Connor and Lake Belton. 

Yeah I’ve definitely gotta change my predictions….I wouldn’t count out CTJ just yet, and I honestly could see Wylie over Dripping Springs, probably their best show ever, but I’ll make a new list after 6A area 

17 minutes ago, ChrisC27 said:

Not CTJ’s year. Dripping springs takes this for sure. In my opinion, you have Churchill to low. They just took first overall at Vista Ridge beating McNeil, Brandeis, O’Connor and Lake Belton. 

That list def needs to be thought over again - esp with the recent developments in the season

with that said Harker Heights stands no chance at this contest

4 hours ago, ChrisC27 said:

CTJ may not be having their best year this year, but I don't see them being below Dripping Springs. 

1 hour ago, ChrisC27 said:

So at Tmc yesterday McNeil beat dripping springs. Churchill beat McNeil at Vista Ridge Marching Festival. I know my logic is flawed because of different scoring methods but could Churchill medal here? Possibly even win it since CTJ isn’t going?? 

i don’t think so since they still have to beat schools like wylie, braswell, and clear brook

Alright after watching some of the bands, here’s my current predictions: 

1st. Dripping Springs 

2nd. Wylie 

3rd. Rock Hill 

4th. Clear Brook

5th. MG Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Winston Churchill 

8th. McKinney 

9th. Lake Ridge 

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

12th. Garland/ New Braunfels  

As of now DS is definitely the favorite to win, but I could see Wylie taking it. Rock Hill had a very successful weekend at Prosper and will imo win 3A, but I could see them and CB taking it. Other than that I feel like they only other placement is I could see Mckinney over Churchill, but this is what finals will most likely look close to being. And this is assuming Azle isn’t attending, but if they maybe are, I’d put them probably in 6th or 7th and move everyone else down

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Dripping Springs 

2nd. Wylie 

3rd. Rock Hill 

4th. Clear Brook

5th. MG Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Winston Churchill 

8th. McKinney 

9th. Lake Ridge 

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

As of now DS is definitely the favorite to win, but I could see Wylie taking it. Rock Hill had a very successful weekend at Prosper and will imo win 3A, but I could see them and CB taking it. Other than that I feel like they only other placement is I could see Mckinney over Churchill, but this is what finals will most likely look close to being. And this is assuming Azle isn’t attending, but if they maybe are, I’d put them probably in 6th or 7th and move everyone else down

Not having Churchill higher is a crime. Please stop sleeping on them. Churchill is better than McNeil and McNeil beat Dripping Springs. Many improvements have been made to their band. 

45 minutes ago, TenerSacs said:

Not having Churchill higher is a crime. Please stop sleeping on them. Churchill is better than McNeil and McNeil beat Dripping Springs. Many improvements have been made to their band. 

I understand your comment. I don’t really heavily take into consideration past contest, especially when there will have been much time for improvement between now and this comp. If Churchill ends up beating DS at area then ill definitely change, but it’s less me sleeping on them and more how I feel they will be by this time compared to how the other bands will be at this time, but they definitely could prove me wrong 

5 hours ago, TenerSacs said:

Love Churchill, but we've seen them put up pleasantly high scores and then mysteriously drop off for the rest of the season. I think Dripping Springs has the advantage given they're preparing like never before for nationals. I would also avoid calling any band outright "better" in that tone. All in all I think Churchill can make top-half here, but really it'll be up to how much each band manages to clean by then.

1 minute ago, lost said:

Love Churchill, but we've seen them put up pleasantly high scores and then mysteriously drop off for the rest of the season. I think Dripping Springs has the advantage given they're preparing like never before for nationals. I would also avoid calling any band outright "better" in that tone. All in all I think Churchill can make top-half here, but really it'll be up to how much each band manages to clean by then.

You’re right. That’s my bad. Music is very subjective and saying something like that could hurt people’s feelings. On another topic… I go to Churchill so obviously I’m biased but I’ve been in the band for 3 years and I can confidently say this is the best we’ve looked, sounded, and felt since 2019. We’ll see what happens at area but me personally I feel really good about the program.

21 minutes ago, yayband914 said:

Also, hot take:

I think Wylie is set to win this contest. 

I don't think it's a hot take at all! I'm secretly (not so much anymore lol) rooting for them to win, no hate towards the other programs just a huge fan of Wylie, but I 100% think it's very much possible. There show this year is amazing, and it's definitely catered to boa as much as it is to UIL IMO, but DS is also having an amazing year, will be very close between the two! 

25 minutes ago, yayband914 said:

Azle dropped, Plano East did not. I think Tubalord meant to say “now.”

and yes I did thanks for the notice, just fixed it 

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

1st. Dripping Springs 

2nd. Wylie 

3rd. Rock Hill 

4th. Clear Brook

5th. MG Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Winston Churchill 

8th. McKinney 

9th. Lake Ridge 

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

I agree since Drip is having one of their best years in history since like 2017 and with it being around 2 weeks away they really are my top pick to win this regional. Wylie is having an amazing year as-well but the push for grand nationals and how they were able to beat both Leander and Westlake at TMC it was able to solidify my prediction on them getting 1st. I really hope they push it for the next 2 weeks to get as good as possible cause it would be amazing for them to win the regional. We will see who will be able to come out on top but both bands are amazing and it will really have to come down to the performances that day.