UIL 5A State Marching Contest 2023

Dave609

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

appreciate the apologies/clarification! We just don't want to publicly state on a website super popular in Texas that many kids from many different bands are on that we think they are bad or inferior to another program. All bands in Texas, and just in the US in general are all amazing, each bringing their own unique styles and taste to the marching band world, and we should always support them no matter how we feel about their show or whether they beat the band you or a friend/family member may be in. All these kids work so hard, and this site is a place where we can show our love, enthusiasm and appreciation for all the hard work they put in for us to be entertained by their amazing shows! 

Amen!!

Also, did anyone get to catch Richland? Saw like no post about them but want to know how they did. 

Also, WOW POTEET!! Got to catch them rq before I run to grab dinner before results and by GOODNESS what a show! That sax solo in the "Come together" part is KILLER! They really emphasize the "piece" part of the show, and I really love their music book this year. Great job Poteet! 

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Also, did anyone get to catch Richland? Saw like no post about them but want to know how they did. 

Also, WOW POTEET!! Got to catch them rq before I run to grab dinner before results and by GOODNESS what a show! That sax solo in the "Come together" part is KILLER! They really emphasize the "piece" part of the show, and I really love their music book this year. Great job Poteet! 

They had a good clean run…I have them on the bubble due to the bad draw

Now my ranking predictions…after all performances (before announcement of course)

1.    Rouse
    2.    Cedar Park
    3.    Leander
    4.    Wakeland
    5.    Forney
    6.    Burleson Centennial
    7.    Aledo
    8.    Pieper
    9.    Lone Star
    10.    Hendrickson 
    11.    Friendswood
    12.    Smithson Valley

1 minute ago, PenguinGuy said:

Final Predictions:

Rouse

Cedar Park

Wakeland

Leander

Forney

Lone Star

Aledo

Centennial 

McKinney North

Hendrickson

Friendswood

Lebanon Trail

Possible Finalists:

A&M Con 

Roma

Richland

Pieper 

Poteet 

Every band did amazing, and this is just my opinion so anything can happen!

I can’t lie I don’t see wakeland being anything below top two maybe contested by pflugerville 

1 minute ago, LISDbandDad said:

I respectfully disagree with you and your past posts. Although Wakeland might’ve performed well let’s not forget the San Antonio super regional. Our bands look great and dare I say on top of the competition. Wow. I am stunned by everything my LISD bands can produce. Looking forward to a victory against Wakeland for the second time in San Antonio!

Don’t count out of pflugerville

I only caught the final block this evening, but I was blown away! I was particularly surprised with Poteet; they sounded great and had such a fun show. I also thought that Pflugerville was quite clearly visually well-trained. The Wakeland show grows more and more on me each time I see it and is absolutely poised to upset the LISD medal sweep. To me, Friendswood’s greatest strength lies in their marching technique. It’s so unique and their red uniforms really make their bent-knee pop. It seems there are quite a few groups from tonight’s final block that may make finals appearances from tomorrow. How exciting!

And Good Lord the UNT Mean Green Machine… one of the best college marching bands out there. What an incredible opening statement. 

UNT! Wow! They sound solid although not the greatest visually. I think they change my list.

UDATED LIST:

1. UNT

2. Pflugervilel

3. Wakeland/PSJA North Early College Highschool 

4. Wakeland/PSJA North Early College Highschool

5. LT

6. Flomo (I heard they were good)

7. Lonestar

8. Rouse

9. Cedar park (I heard they were good)

10. LT

11. aledo