8th Centennial
7th Liberty
6th Independence
5th The Colony
4th Argyle
3rd McN
2nd Lebanon Trail
1st Lone Star

I am so confused right now??? Lovejoy went from 5th to 9th, Argyle 10th to 4th???? And Centennial 8th? Idk there has been something about this area for the last few years that doesn't add up. All my friends at Lojo were saying their best run yet and the get 9th. Something needs to change. 

25 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I am so confused right now??? Lovejoy went from 5th to 9th, Argyle 10th to 4th???? And Centennial 8th? Idk there has been something about this area for the last few years that doesn't add up. All my friends at Lojo were saying their best run yet and the get 9th. Something needs to change. 

The order they performed in final was random, it’s not opposite of what they placed in prelims. 

Alright, so here is prelim results-

1 McKinney North HS
2 Lebanon Trail HS
3 Lone Star HS
4 The Colony HS
5 Lovejoy HS
6 Independence HS
7 Liberty HS
8 Argyle HS
9 Frisco Centennial HS
10 Frisco Memorial HS
11 Frisco HS
12 Sherman HS
13 Reedy HS
14 Frisco Heritage HS
15 Princeton HS
16 Denton HS
17 Ryan HS
18 Lake Dallas HS

So McKinney North was in first in prelims and dropped to 3rd. Argyle went from 8th to 4th, Lovejoy went from 5th to 9th, Lone Star went from 3rd to 1st, The Colony moved from 4th to 5th, and Frisco Centennial moved from 9th to 8th. Overall, interesting placements from Prelims VS Finals!

Just now, Dave609 said:

1 McKinney North HS
2 Lebanon Trail HS
3 Lone Star HS
4 The Colony HS
5 Lovejoy HS
6 Independence HS
7 Liberty HS
8 Argyle HS
9 Frisco Centennial HS
10 Frisco Memorial HS
11 Frisco HS
12 Sherman HS
13 Reedy HS
14 Frisco Heritage HS
15 Princeton HS
16 Denton HS
17 Ryan HS
18 Lake Dallas HS

So McKinney North was in first in prelims and dropped to 3rd. Argyle went from 8th to 4th, Lovejoy went from 5th to 9th, Lone Star went from 3rd to 1st, The Colony moved from 4th to 5th, and Frisco Centennial moved from 9th to 8th. Overall, interesting placements from Prelims VS Finals!

Yeah, definitely some major changes... wouldn't be surprised if better weather was a big factor 

12 minutes ago, tpresley said:

Not that it matters now but I heard yesterday from a band mom who is a friend of one of the area directors.  That friend told her that it was another area B director who complained about Wakeland going over the time limit.  That would explain the change from 1 to 2 the next day. 

I heard there where multiple people that complained, with right. No need to start a witch hunt.

38 minutes ago, tpresley said:

Not that it matters now but I heard yesterday from a band mom who is a friend of one of the area directors.  That friend told her that it was another area B director who complained about Wakeland going over the time limit.  That would explain the change from 1 to 2 the next day. 

People gossip about things they’ve “heard” all the time. They went over time and it was their fault.

17 hours ago, Dave609 said:

1 McKinney North HS
2 Lebanon Trail HS
3 Lone Star HS
4 The Colony HS
5 Lovejoy HS
6 Independence HS
7 Liberty HS
8 Argyle HS
9 Frisco Centennial HS
10 Frisco Memorial HS
11 Frisco HS
12 Sherman HS
13 Reedy HS
14 Frisco Heritage HS
15 Princeton HS
16 Denton HS
17 Ryan HS
18 Lake Dallas HS

17 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah, definitely some major changes... wouldn't be surprised if better weather was a big factor 

It looks to me that the discrepancies were caused by the changes in judges between prelims and finals. Two of the music judges switched with the two visual judges so that can cause a change in scores/rankings. Plus the lone music judge who did music for both prelims and finals had some changes in their opinion as well. And any improvements or drop in the quality of their performance may have had affects as well.

11 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

It looks to me that the discrepancies were caused by the changes in judges between prelims and finals. Two of the music judges switched with the two visual judges so that can cause a change in scores/rankings. Plus the lone music judge who did music for both prelims and finals had some changes in their opinion as well. And any improvements or drop in the quality of their performance may have had affects as well.

Yeah I saw pretty much all the finals on YouTube and everyone who went up had a better final run and vis-verses 

2 hours ago, Niceone said:

Interesting to see that if this was a state year. Argyle would go from being so dominant at 4a state to not even making 5a state.

They would have sent 4 bands to state, 20 qualified for this area, so that means Argyle would have advanced to their first 5A state contest

6 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

They would have sent 4 bands to state, 20 qualified for this area, so that means Argyle would have advanced to their first 5A state contest

yes but we do have to forget about Wakeland, and I'm NOT trying to start drama, but I think we could all agree that they would have been here if this was a state year 

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

yes but we do have to forget about Wakeland, and I'm NOT trying to start drama, but I think we could all agree that they would have been here if this was a state year 

I agree with you 100% that had Wakeland been here and this was a State Year, then most likely, Argyle would have missed state for the first time ever (they have been a State Qualifer since 2003).

On 10/22/2022 at 9:53 PM, Tubalord11 said:

I heard from some people who judged in contests before say they really just pick the bands they know will make finals and just place them randomly because prelims doesn't really matter and there's a lot of bands and scoring everyone in a detailed way would be hard and take forever and there are some groups that are just not nearly as good as the ones making finals. For those schools that make it to a contest like area, the feedback to them are what's most important to them, not knowing that they scored 3rd to last place or something like that.