2019 WGI - TCGC Season

Thank you momma! Hope your meeting went well. Can’t wait for show announcements!

Meeting went well.  We are on pins and needles waiting to hear about next year- but nothing has been given out yet except calendar dates! :)

I watched the vlog this morning.  It was so much fun to watch!  I would love to hear some of your comments either throughout or at the end, but I definitely hope you keep it up and start vlog'ing more. :)

Meeting went well.  We are on pins and needles waiting to hear about next year- but nothing has been given out yet except calendar dates! :)

I watched the vlog this morning.  It was so much fun to watch!  I would love to hear some of your comments either throughout or at the end, but I definitely hope you keep it up and start vlog'ing more. :)

Thank you so much!  I have ideas for better vlogs in the future for sure if I can figure out the whole editing side of things.  I also need to get a little tripod or stick so I can vlog myself talking more easily.  I am going to do more practice vlogs so that I am way more comfortable with it by the time it's marching season because I really really want to document this coming season.  It is just going to be such a special year for Texas...I FEEL IT!!!!!  

Thank you so much!  I have ideas for better vlogs in the future for sure if I can figure out the whole editing side of things.  I also need to get a little tripod or stick so I can vlog myself talking more easily.  I am going to do more practice vlogs so that I am way more comfortable with it by the time it's marching season because I really really want to document this coming season.  It is just going to be such a special year for Texas...I FEEL IT!!!!!  

You can bet I will watch every vlog. Im super excited and I also feel like it is going to be a special year.

Way to go, Black Gold! 76 in prelims at WGI Houston today. That's a *great* first contest score. Assuming this holds, it looks like they'll be the IW guard to beat in Texas this year, and maybe one of the top performers in Dayton this year. It's the best Independent World class score so far. Cypress Independent, CGT Dallas, and CGT Denton (welcome to World class!) also did very well. Apparently, CGT Dallas and CGT Denton tied in prelims. That's got to be a pretty friendly rivalry.

In Scholastic World, both Marcus and The Woodlands improved over last year by several points. Scores in the mid-60s in prelims. Solid scores. If TWHS (or Marcus, even) can get those scores up to around a 67ish in finals, I'd say they have solid shots at Dayton finals, depending on how the rest of the season shapes up, of course. Scores do typically improve between prelims and finals by a point or two, but that's not always the case. Definitely, CTJ will have some catching up to do, as they scored about 15 points lower than these two groups last week. For reference, the highest SW score in the country right now is Shenendehowa with a 68 in finals from last week. They placed an outstanding 8th place at Dayton last year (very close to Tarpon Springs), but might be having a slightly weaker season to start. Of course, once Avon and Carmel and the other consistent powerhouses perform, the top scores are going to shoot way up into the 80s probably. Generally speaking, Scholastic World is kind of a mess to predict below the top few guards.

Texas Scholastic A groups continue to do very well. Winston Churchill and Pflugerville are currently the top two seeded groups in the country (although Pflugerville's score at WGI Houston prelims just now is considerably lower than expected). Guyer just got a fantastic 74.590 in prelims at WGI Dallas, so they'll probably be joining that top group.

Oklahoma just showed up TX in Scholastic Open at WGI Dallas prelims. Choctaw beat Cedar Park and Flower Mound by 2 points, earning a 72.5. Great score. Several contenders with really strong 70+ scores in prelims at both Dallas and Houston.

Best of luck in finals to all! Looking forward to actually watching the shows one day soon.

Keller's guard has improved dramatically over the past 2-3 years. Im actually a bit surprised they are still in Scholastic A after last year, but maybe they will be moved up after this year.

Yeah out of ~130 guards at world championships last year the varsity guard was 6th. The top 5 get automatically promoted to Open Class. Considering they now have two really competitive A class guards, I think the Varsity could definitely survive in Open class.

Oh my goodness I can see why Choctaw won prelims in Open Class, and they will no doubt take finals as well. Where is Choctaw HS in Oklahoma? The Tulsa area? I will look that up real quick. They were just fantastic!

Ahhh, they are from the OKC area. Well they were great! Maybe we will see more of Choctaw HS in the coming year.

Way to go, Black Gold! 76 in prelims at WGI Houston today. That's a *great* first contest score. Assuming this holds, it looks like they'll be the IW guard to beat in Texas this year, and maybe one of the top performers in Dayton this year. It's the best Independent World class score so far. Cypress Independent, CGT Dallas, and CGT Denton (welcome to World class!) also did very well. Apparently, CGT Dallas and CGT Denton tied in prelims. That's got to be a pretty friendly rivalry.

In Scholastic World, both Marcus and The Woodlands improved over last year by several points. Scores in the mid-60s in prelims. Solid scores. If TWHS (or Marcus, even) can get those scores up to around a 67ish in finals, I'd say they have solid shots at Dayton finals, depending on how the rest of the season shapes up, of course. Scores do typically improve between prelims and finals by a point or two, but that's not always the case. Definitely, CTJ will have some catching up to do, as they scored about 15 points lower than these two groups last week. For reference, the highest SW score in the country right now is Shenendehowa with a 68 in finals from last week. They placed an outstanding 8th place at Dayton last year (very close to Tarpon Springs), but might be having a slightly weaker season to start. Of course, once Avon and Carmel and the other consistent powerhouses perform, the top scores are going to shoot way up into the 80s probably. Generally speaking, Scholastic World is kind of a mess to predict below the top few guards.

Texas Scholastic A groups continue to do very well. Winston Churchill and Pflugerville are currently the top two seeded groups in the country (although Pflugerville's score at WGI Houston prelims just now is considerably lower than expected). Guyer just got a fantastic 74.590 in prelims at WGI Dallas, so they'll probably be joining that top group.

Oklahoma just showed up TX in Scholastic Open at WGI Dallas prelims. Choctaw beat Cedar Park and Flower Mound by 2 points, earning a 72.5. Great score. Several contenders with really strong 70+ scores in prelims at both Dallas and Houston.

Best of luck in finals to all! Looking forward to actually watching the shows one day soon.

I don’t know if anybody else was at WGI Houston and was able to see them, but Black Gold was breathtaking. That was one of the most gut wrenching, beautiful shows i have ever seen. I honestly believe they have a chance at top 5 or a medal in Dayton this year. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room last night after they performed.