Texas Marching Classic 2018 Predictions

Via the Texas Marching Classic:

Due to weather causing Lake Travis to end their show prematurely, they opted not to be scored in finals. They will be considered an exhibition band

Our fine arts director tweeted out saying we were given 2 options. Either 1, be given a 0 and be considered an exhibition band, or 2 be scored on the 50% of the show we were able to perform. Also, to further explain what happened : we were performing and halfway through it started raining, so the judges had told us to get off the field and into the locker room. 

So how does one stop a band in the middle of a show?

We were performing and were told to get off. I think it was lightning. We were in our ballad and getting ready to do choreo when we heard pits electronics go off. That's when we started getting a bit suspicious. Our band was ready to keep playing because even the morning rehearsal before it was a downpour. 

So how does one stop a band in the middle of a show?

I purchased the dvd of the contest- a man in a blue and black shirt grabbed the mic off the pedestal and unplugged it during the solo. To be fair it was POURING and the stands were quickly clearing before the band was stopped.

What makes me mad the most is that TMC hasn't posted prelims results yet for all of us to view. I have a feeling they know they're gonna get flamed.

Flamed for what? Why would knowing the Prelims results make any difference? TMC tweeted out the class awards and the finals performances were done as a random draw between top five and bottom five from Prelims.

Via the Texas Marching Classic:

Due to weather causing Lake Travis to end their show prematurely, they opted not to be scored in finals. They will be considered an exhibition band

Ahhhh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me. That’s a shame for LT. I didn’t realize Austin had any bad weather on Saturday.

Speaking of weather, it’s been gorgeous in Northern California! I admit I’m kind of dreading flying home Tuesday to the cold and drizzly weather they are currently forecasting for Austin. Ugh!

Our fine arts director tweeted out saying we were given 2 options. Either 1, be given a 0 and be considered an exhibition band, or 2 be scored on the 50% of the show we were able to perform. Also, to further explain what happened : we were performing and halfway through it started raining, so the judges had told us to get off the field and into the locker room.

I’m so sorry this happened to y’all!

LT got screwed over a lot. They've been told by their directors they got 2nd in prelims ahead of Rouse, and the kids were saying the finals run was their best run by far. Judges also later told us we were on pace to beat Reagan.

Judges would not have told directors that.  LT was 6 points behind Reagan in prelims.  Reagan would of had to have several malfunctions for anyone to beat them at TMC in finals (btw, their finals performance was better than prelims in my opinion).  Yes, LT was second in prelims, .35 points ahead of Rouse and would have been 2nd or 3rd in finals.

This is from Hornrank- it doesn’t list the Auxiliary caption- TMC hasn’t posted prelims on their site yet.

Last year’s preliminary results weren’t posted until May of this year, so it is not unusual for the scores not to be up.

Prelims Results

Class 5A

1. Rouse H.S., TX

2. Douglas MacArthur H.S., TX

3. Georgetown H.S., TX

Music: Rouse H.S., TX

Visual: Rouse H.S., TX

GE: (tie) L. B. Johnson H.S., TX

and Rouse H.S., TX

Class 6A

1. Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

2. Lake Travis H.S., TX

3. Jack C. Hays H.S., TX

Music: Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

Visual: Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

GE: Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

Funny thing is, MacArthur is a 6A program, not 5A.  They were 4th in 6A and LBJ should have been 3rd in 5A.  I hope TMC corrects that and gives LBJ the trophy they deserve.

Prelims Results:

1. Reagan 87.80

2. Lake Travis 81.60

3. Rouse 81.25

4. Jack C. Hays 80.80

5. Douglas MacArthur 78.85

6. LBJ 78.78

7. Georgetown 77.28

8. Tom Glenn 76.50

9. Harker Heights 73.40

10 . Belton 72.93

11. Lockhart 72.38

12. Connally 69.98

13. Copperas Cove 68.90

14. Midway 68.18

15. McCallum 67.80

16. Manor 61.08

Funny thing is, MacArthur is a 6A program, not 5A. They were 4th in 6A and LBJ should have been 3rd in 5A. I hope TMC corrects that and gives LBJ the trophy they deserve.

That was Hornrank not TMC but I hope Hornrank corrects- they have Reagan’s score as 17 and didn’t list all of the caption awards

Judges would not have told directors that. LT was 6 points behind Reagan in prelims. Reagan would of had to have several malfunctions for anyone to beat them at TMC in finals (btw, their finals performance was better than prelims in my opinion). Yes, LT was second in prelims, .35 points ahead of Rouse and would have been 2nd or 3rd in finals.

In prelims, Reagan didn’t throw weapons due to the very strong winds.. they didn’t wear their plumes because of potential rain in prelims or finals.

either way, I think we can all agree that no one should feel wronged here. TMC acted in the interest of everyone's safety. It's unfortunate Lake Travis couldn't finish their show but to treat it as some kind of slight is silly. I'd advise students to be careful about the way they represent their programs on this forum

Ahhhh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me. That’s a shame for LT. I didn’t realize Austin had any bad weather on Saturday.

Speaking of weather, it’s been gorgeous in Northern California! I admit I’m kind of dreading flying home Tuesday to the cold and drizzly weather they are currently forecasting for Austin. Ugh!

You fly back Tuesday? Darn! You should stay back a few more days to watch BOA.

That was Hornrank not TMC but I hope Hornrank corrects- they have Reagan’s score as 17 and didn’t list all of the caption awards

Sorry, I was half asleep when updating that, I think I fixed it all now. I always double check when I post recaps, but I haven't been able to find PDFs of their recaps on their website, like they've done for previous years. I can't find the prelims recap anywhere and the finals recap is just an image on their twitter.

Sorry, I was half asleep when updating that, I think I fixed it all now. I always double check when I post recaps, but I haven't been able to find PDFs of their recaps on their website, like they've done for previous years. I can't find the prelims recap anywhere and the finals recap is just an image on their twitter.

No worries. I get corrected almost every time I post because I’m usually at least halfway asleep

I feel ya. Once I was working on a biotech paper while half asleep and accidentally wrote, "DNA is only found in 6A bands" instead of Eukaryotes.