Area F 2018

Possibly no Spring or Westfield at State this year. The times have changed! :(

Kind of surprised to see North Shore in 4th. Their show is very UIL-friendly. Also, given their past success, I thought they were probably a shoo-in for the top 2. They might still end up there. We'll see. Given how weird Area results can sometimes be, the goal should simply be to make it out alive.

The Woodlands is probably breathing a sigh of relief after 2016's results. But the result is well-deserved. It's probably their best-performed show since 2013. Back on Oct. 6th, I thought they had the cleanest show in the state of Texas (visually).

CISD domination at the top. I think a lot of us were pretty stunned by Oak Ridge's performance at Conroe finals. I mean, we knew they were good, but they completely exceeded our expectations. Both Oak Ridge and College Park obviously have the musical chops to compete with the big dogs; their Honor Band successes reflect that. I just think their designers need to continue to step outside of their comfort zones, and their directors need to continue to hit the visual hard.

Usually they always put Spring or Westfield in there....we’ll see. It’s UIL!! Anything can happen!

Good wrap to the first year of 6A at Tomball Memorial. TMHS moved up from 7th to 6th in finals, give this program a couple years and we may see them vying for state spots, everyone performed well tonight. I’m proud of all the band kids, parents, sponsors, etc. their hard work is what got them to these finals tonight. Way to work hard for each and every band!