2017 BOA Atlanta

Any new predictions from what we've seen so far

hmm...it's tough! I agree with your other post that Tarpon Springs is going to be really hard to beat...but we'll see! I imagine the Texas bands will do quite well. It's another contest that Haltom's never been to, which is always fun. Now that I'm a retired band mom (and a recruited theater mom), I can say I don't miss the traveling part of the contests, but I do love the excitement of being AT the contests. I wish I could predict these, but I'm woefully biased. haha ;) I can't wait to see what the bands bring and will be getting that live broadcast dealio to watch them. Also, we're going to part of the BISD festival on Saturday (ugh the heat will be back then) and I can't wait to see how the bands do there. 

hmm...it's tough! I agree with your other post that Tarpon Springs is going to be really hard to beat...but we'll see! I imagine the Texas bands will do quite well. It's another contest that Haltom's never been to, which is always fun. Now that I'm a retired band mom (and a recruited theater mom), I can say I don't miss the traveling part of the contests, but I do love the excitement of being AT the contests. I wish I could predict these, but I'm woefully biased. haha ;) I can't wait to see what the bands bring and will be getting that live broadcast dealio to watch them. Also, we're going to part of the BISD festival on Saturday (ugh the heat will be back then) and I can't wait to see how the bands do there.

I do agree it will be hard to beat tarpon because they are tarpon ! But I would love love to see haltom or cedar ridge ( a Texas school) come out of nowhere and beat them . Yes tarpon is great but from what I've seen haltom has more challenging music but tarpon is all about that general effects . I'm super excited to see this contest play out ! Go Texas bands

Cedar Ridge can take home silver if they clean up visually. They have a great show that will do well in Atlanta, Wando is a great program, but both cedar ridge and Haltom can beat them musically with a great finals run. If Tarpon Springs wins they will have won this contest 9 consecutive times, so you know that they will come swinging they have fought off great TX bands before (Bowie in 2011 and LD Bell in 2015 ). 

Cedar Ridge can take home silver if they clean up visually. They have a great show that will do well in Atlanta, Wando is a great program, but both cedar ridge and Haltom can beat them musically with a great finals run. If Tarpon Springs wins they will have won this contest 8 consecutive times, so you know that they will come swinging they have fought off great TX bands before (Bowie in 2011 and LD Bell in 2015 ).

Didn't they get beat by Broken Arrow in 2013?

Cedar Ridge can take home silver if they clean up visually. They have a great show that will do well in Atlanta, Wando is a great program, but both cedar ridge and Haltom can beat them musically with a great finals run. If Tarpon Springs wins they will have won this contest 9 consecutive times, so you know that they will come swinging they have fought off great TX bands before (Bowie in 2011 and LD Bell in 2015 ). 

Not quite! They lost to Broken Arrow in 2013.

Cedar Ridge can take home silver if they clean up visually. They have a great show that will do well in Atlanta, Wando is a great program, but both cedar ridge and Haltom can beat them musically with a great finals run. If Tarpon Springs wins they will have won this contest 9 consecutive times, so you know that they will come swinging they have fought off great TX bands before (Bowie in 2011 and LD Bell in 2015 ).

True but I believe haltom and or cedar ridge could have a chance . It would honestly put either group out there for a long time . All programs are incredible and I'd love to see what actual comes to it

True but I believe haltom and or cedar ridge could have a chance . It would honestly put either group out there for a long time . All programs are incredible and I'd love to see what actual comes to it

Honesty the only thing Cedar Ridge and Haltom have a chance of doing is taking the music caption. Tarpon's guard and visual program is one of the strongest in the country and I think that'll keep them on top.

These links never show up in my feed for some reason until I hit "reply."  It's just a big blank space on my screen with a warning down below that it might harm my computer.   :ph34r:

Mine was showing the same thing when I posted it. Don't worry, I don't think it'll harm your computer... 

Forgive my huge bias but Cedar Ridge can probably trump Haltom at this contest. Neither one has their full show, so it's kind of hard to see how dramatically it'll affect placements.

Forgive my huge bias but Cedar Ridge can probably trump Haltom at this contest. Neither one has their full show, so it's kind of hard to see how dramatically it'll affect placements.

Both programs could be close at Atlanta.  Successful seasons, nonetheless!  I absolutely loved Cedar Ridge's show at BOA Austin!

Haltom has had there full show learned and done for the past 2 weeks !! They are just perfecting and adding more visual .