2017 BOA Atlanta

Another cool thing from this group is they still haven't released a title to the show ! It's a suprise along with several things for Atlanta.

Unless he changes his mind...according to current band parents, the band director couldn't come up w a name he liked. One band parent suggested to me that "ConCHAIRto" would be cute. lol But there very well will be no name.

I agree that the show is spectacular, though. I love it!! They have added a few new things, including a small group laying chairs down and "sitting" in them and moving around as the soloists play and the band removing their shakos and setting them atop the chairs near the end of the show. It creates quite an effect.

They gave what to me was their best performance yet on Wednesday night at the Bandfest. Even w Richland's pit practicing and kind of filtering over during the quiet parts, it was jaw-dropping.

Unless he changes his mind...according to current band parents, the band director couldn't come up w a name he liked. One band parent suggested to me that "ConCHAIRto" would be cute. lol But there very well will be no name.

I agree that the show is spectacular, though. I love it!! They have added a few new things, including a small group laying chairs down and "sitting" in them and moving around as the soloists play and the band removing their shakos and setting them atop the chairs near the end of the show. It creates quite an effect.

They gave what to me was their best performance yet on Wednesday night at the Bandfest. Even w Richland's pit practicing and kind of filtering over during the quiet parts, it was jaw-dropping.

Haltom is very good, but I think it's more reasonable to slot them somewhere between 5th and 7th. Not saying they can't place higher, but I think it would be an uphill battle.

We will see . Yes the groups going are very good as well but this is a haltom I've yet to see . Super impressed . I definelty couldn't see them any where before fifth tho . But I'd love love to see this group bring home a medal

I think y'all are SEVERELY underestimating Tarpon. Regardless of what show they do they are an incredible group of a caliber met by very few around the nation. It would be very cool to see a Texas band win or even take a single caption from Tarpon. That's a group with consistent Grand National finals appearances and medals. It's possible but it's about as likely as Broken Arrow not winning St Louis tonight.

I am rooting for a Texas group of course :) but I think Haltom might need a year or two before they win a "Super Regional". I said in a previous comment if Haltom wins it would be a real shock because I feel that Cedar Ridge is a peg or two above them. Then you have to throw in Wando which makes it incredibly competitive for taking home silver. I also think Tarpons show is a bit lackluster this year but last year they won with General Effect alone, so we will see if they can repeat this. Should be very exciting to see where everyone lands. 

I am rooting for a Texas group of course :) but I think Haltom might need a year or two before they win a "Super Regional". I said in a previous comment if Haltom wins it would be a real shock because I feel that Cedar Ridge is a peg or two above them. Then you have to throw in Wando which makes it incredibly competitive for taking home silver. I also think Tarpons show is a bit lackluster this year but last year they won with General Effect alone, so we will see if they can repeat this. Should be very exciting to see where everyone lands.

I've seen both cedar and haltom and from seeing haltom a last performance and seeing cedar haltom sounded better but I believe at this moment they are at the same level but I don't think haltom could win it . But I would love to see them atleast pull caption and be up there . We will see this next coming weekend on what happens . Honestly I have no actual idea of what is going to happen because all groups that could possibly be in top 5 are incredible groups . Very excited tho

I've seen both cedar and haltom and from seeing haltom a last performance and seeing cedar haltom sounded better but I believe at this moment they are at the same level but I don't think haltom could win it . But I would love to see them atleast pull caption and be up there . We will see this next coming weekend on what happens . Honestly I have no actual idea of what is going to happen because all groups that could possibly be in top 5 are incredible groups . Very excited tho

Depends on what sounded better means? A group can sound massive but are they balanced and does it flow with their visual concept? What I'm getting at here is that groups like Tarpon may not be the best sounding group ever, but they provide an overall package that will allow their score to come out on top. With Haltom they don't need to just sound good, they need to be good overall both musically and visually. Remeber how much general effect is on a scoring sheet (60 points), so it will be hard to win with just music alone, look at groups like Marcus they sound fantastic, but they have been struggling to beat the other groups because of their GE. Even tonight Avon won music but sadly lost by the skin of their teeth partly because of GE. My other concern is that this will be the first BOA event Haltom will attend this season. Now, this could be seen as a good or bad thing; they could say they will be a surprise dark horse because no one can predict their placement or one could say they have no idea how to clean or improve based on BOA scores. 

Depends on what sounded better means? A group can sound massive but are they balanced and does it flow with their visual concept? What I'm getting at here is that groups like Tarpon may not be the best sounding group ever, but they provide an overall package that will allow their score to come out on top. With Haltom they don't need to just sound good, they need to be good overall both musically and visually. Remeber how much general effect is on a scoring sheet (60 points), so it will be hard to win with just music alone, look at groups like Marcus they sound fantastic, but they have been struggling to beat the other groups because of their GE. Even tonight Avon won music but sadly lost by the skin of their teeth partly because of GE. My other concern is that this will be the first BOA event Haltom will attend this season. Now, this could be seen as a good or bad thing; they could say they will be a surprise dark horse because no one can predict their placement or one could say they have no idea how to clean or improve based on BOA scores.

When I say sound good I don't mean play loud all the time because they don't have a lot of moment when they play loud . I mean the balance the sound they are getting throughout sounds incredible and yes the general effect is a big thing which is what I have seen them improve in. Let alone tarpon will most likely take this win but haltom is pushing and yet there is no video of them anywhere and yes they haven't attended a boa so people are basing it off of past year but I may say they look and sound better overall ever . They have been to contest in which they are scored off the boa rubic and went from there to add more and so forth I believe but as you say they are a dark horse because nobody really knows what is coming until it's there

When I say sound good I don't mean play loud all the time because they don't have a lot of moment when they play loud . I mean the balance the sound they are getting throughout sounds incredible and yes the general effect is a big thing which is what I have seen them improve in. Let alone tarpon will most likely take this win but haltom is pushing and yet there is no video of them anywhere and yes they haven't attended a boa so people are basing it off of past year but I may say they look and sound better overall ever . They have been to contest in which they are scored off the boa rubic and went from there to add more and so forth I believe but as you say they are a dark horse because nobody really knows what is coming until it's there

But then again the 2 contest they went to that did boa rubric were 3 weeks ago so we will see . But then again there director was one of the visual directors for scv this year so we will see what they come out with . As well as they have the same Choreographer As broke arrow and the same show designer as well

Depends on what sounded better means? A group can sound massive but are they balanced and does it flow with their visual concept? What I'm getting at here is that groups like Tarpon may not be the best sounding group ever, but they provide an overall package that will allow their score to come out on top. With Haltom they don't need to just sound good, they need to be good overall both musically and visually. Remeber how much general effect is on a scoring sheet (60 points), so it will be hard to win with just music alone, look at groups like Marcus they sound fantastic, but they have been struggling to beat the other groups because of their GE. Even tonight Avon won music but sadly lost by the skin of their teeth partly because of GE. My other concern is that this will be the first BOA event Haltom will attend this season. Now, this could be seen as a good or bad thing; they could say they will be a surprise dark horse because no one can predict their placement or one could say they have no idea how to clean or improve based on BOA scores.

Haltom is not a "loud just to be loud" kind of band. They ride the waves of their music like the State TMEA orchestra band that they are. Their show is both beautifully balanced and visually stunning. Those chairs add depth and they use them throughout. Their colorguard is continually improving and just add evem more to their show. And I watched CR and felt their music was very messy. Tarpon's show feels like a "loud just to be loud" kinda show. idk I'm biased but I honestly feel that Haltom has a medal-worthy show. But they have been burned at BOAs in the past, so...it's just tough to say. I hope they go out to Atlanta and blow everyone away w their tremendous, polished, beautiful show and surprise everyone. Knock their socks off, Haltom!!

Haltom is not a "loud just to be loud" kind of band. They ride the waves of their music like the State TMEA orchestra band that they are. Their show is both beautifully balanced and visually stunning. Those chairs add depth and they use them throughout. Their colorguard is continually improving and just add evem more to their show. And I watched CR and felt their music was very messy. Tarpon's show feels like a "loud just to be loud" kinda show. idk I'm biased but I honestly feel that Haltom has a medal-worthy show. But they have been burned at BOAs in the past, so...it's just tough to say. I hope they go out to Atlanta and blow everyone away w their tremendous, polished, beautiful show and surprise everyone. Knock their socks off, Haltom!!

Let me clarify if Haltom wins I will be ecstatic it's finally time for Atlanta to be competitive! of course, BOA seems to be throwing little surprises here and there you never know what might happen! 

Whoops, messed up the first time, ignore that. But may I ask where you saw CRHS's show and felt the music was messy?

Whoops, messed up the first time, ignore that. But may I ask where you saw CRHS's show and felt the music was messy?

Since I'm typing this from my phone and am not at home...I would have to search my youtube history on my tv, but we watched a vid of a show performed this month. When I say very messy, I should clarify...again typing on my phone is not my strong suit. lol What I mean is not missed notes, per se, just kind of all over the place. It wasn't pleasant on my ears. My hubs said it seemed the pit was too loud, which can happen or can just be picked up via the video recording. idk it just wasn't what I was expecting based on people saying they are a shoe-in to place above Haltom. Obvs, there is cleaning up done over time and I wish them the best. I just feel Haltom might surprise everyone. They were so clean and on-point this past Wednesday. I was in awe. Their music is very difficult and they play it beautifully. They are visually in motion. You don't know where to look...every place on the field has something going on. I think my favorite is the woodwinds' feature...flutes, then clarinets, then saxes. It's lovely. I'm fully invested every time I watch them.

Since I'm typing this from my phone and am not at home...I would have to search my youtube history on my tv, but we watched a vid of a show performed this month. When I say very messy, I should clarify...again typing on my phone is not my strong suit. lol What I mean is not missed notes, per se, just kind of all over the place. It wasn't pleasant on my ears. My hubs said it seemed the pit was too loud, which can happen or can just be picked up via the video recording. idk it just wasn't what I was expecting based on people saying they are a shoe-in to place above Haltom. Obvs, there is cleaning up done over time and I wish them the best. I just feel Haltom might surprise everyone. They were so clean and on-point this past Wednesday. I was in awe. Their music is very difficult and they play it beautifully. They are visually in motion. You don't know where to look...every place on the field has something going on. I think my favorite is the woodwinds' feature...flutes, then clarinets, then saxes. It's lovely. I'm fully invested every time I watch them.

Yes omg that is I think there last movement correct ? I also remember when I saw them Wednesday during that section I looked at there front ensemble and what can I say but wow . Playing runs for literally days and it was so incredible . Brilliant over all