2015 BOA San Antonio Predictions

Because there was aleady a schedule in place for tomorrow that didn't have to be altered.  Bowie already had plans for their 7:15 time slot.  Why change it?  Why change anyone's time for tomorrow?  There was no need for it.  The only people that should really have to worry about altering anything for time and scheduling are the 7 bands moving to tomorrow from today.

Also, saying "there is little to no chance that AISD would have allowed Bowie to attend at their scheduled time" holds true to ANY band getting scheduled at 6:45, 7:00, or 7:15 tomorrow.

BOA should have kept it simple by leaving the current schedule in place and tacking today's bands on to the end of the current schedule.  Simple.  Easy.  No one but today's bands have to change plans.

I am not sure what you mean by Bowie already had plans for their 7:15 time slot?  They had alternate travel plans?  Otherwise, every band from Austin that was scheduled today also had plans and they had to get changed. You do realize that the forecast is for severe thunderstorms through 5 am tomorrow?  No Austin area bands would be allowed to leave at 3-4 am to travel to San Antonio, just as today's weren't. I don't necessarily agree with how they changed the schedule, but I don't think it is fair to single out Bowie since accommodations were made for many other bands today and the times were assigned by draw.  Also, I just checked their website and according to that, they perform at 4 and not 4:30.

I am not sure what you mean by Bowie already had plans for their 7:15 time slot?  They had alternate travel plans?  Otherwise, every band from Austin that was scheduled today also had plans and they had to get changed. You do realize that the forecast is for severe thunderstorms through 5 am tomorrow?  No Austin area bands would be allowed to leave at 3-4 am to travel to San Antonio, just as today's weren't. I don't necessarily agree with how they changed the schedule, but I don't think it is fair to single out Bowie since accommodations were made for many other bands today and the times were assigned by draw.  Also, I just checked their website and according to that, they perform at 4 and not 4:30.

Bowie was already scheduled for 7:15 tomorrow.   That's what I mean.  Why change it?  Anyone with the early time slot is going to have to face the possibility of weather.  Everything you're saying applies literally to every other band.

The Leander schools have farther to drive than Bowie.

Round Rock has farther to drive.

Pflugerville has farther to drive.

I'm sure there are other schools that have farther to drive as well. 

How about they accomodate all the schools that have a long drive tomorrow.  If they're going to change the schedule, change it so that those that have the shortest drive gets the earliest time slots and those with the longest drive get the later time slots.

They should have left the schedule as is and not have changed it though.  That would have been easiest.

I think the concern is that if Bowie can't make 7.15 how can other bands make it at that time from the austin area? Just start finals later and end only with a drum major retreat. Can you imagine the headache to get drivers to leave the austin area at 3.30 am at the last minute?

Because there was aleady a schedule in place for tomorrow that didn't have to be altered.  Bowie already had plans for their 7:15 time slot.  Why change it?  Why change anyone's time for tomorrow?  There was no need for it.  The only people that should really have to worry about altering anything for time and scheduling are the 7 bands moving to tomorrow from today.

Also, saying "there is little to no chance that AISD would have allowed Bowie to attend at their scheduled time" holds true to ANY band getting scheduled at 6:45, 7:00, or 7:15 tomorrow.

BOA should have kept it simple by leaving the current schedule in place and tacking today's bands on to the end of the current schedule.  Simple.  Easy.  No one but today's bands have to change plans.

I know it may seem that Bowie is gaining an advantage by having their time moved later in the day, but they are always a very strong performer and honestly, don't need any advantage to compete with the best no matter when they perform, early or late. I think the change of time is much more likely due to their school district not allowing them to travel in the early morning hours. The top district officials are much more interested in the student's safety than a competition, so I'm guessing they were forced to change their performance time or not go.

I know it may seem that Bowie is gaining an advantage by having their time moved later in the day, but they are always a very strong performer and honestly, don't need any advantage to compete with the best no matter when they perform, early or late. I think the change of time is much more likely due to their school district not allowing them to travel in the early morning hours. The top district officials are much more interested in the student's safety than a competition, so I'm guessing they were forced to change their performance time or not go.

It appears that Leander and Vista Ridge are facing this same restriction from their District, but they are not getting the same accomodation. And, as has been pointed out, they are farther away. How is that fair?

It appears that Leander and Vista Ridge are facing this same restriction from their District, but they are not getting the same accomodation. And, as has been pointed out, they are farther away. How is that fair?

And we have a winner!

Round Rock as well.

If they must alter the existing schedule, do so so that the closest schools (and those lucky enough to be in hotels in San Antonio) go earliest.  Let the farthest out schools go later in the day.

Otherwise, stick to what you already have planned.  Leave the schedule as is and tack today's band on to the end.

I don't think the complaint is that they get an advantage by playing later. Rather, it's unfair that they were already slotted for 7:15 and received a later time WHILE bands in the same predicament (from the same area) were given times like 6:45am and 7am. 

One other thing, I am just glad that BOA is trying so hard to accommodate everyone so that they will have a chance to perform in the prelims. They could do the easier thing and just try to get one performance from everyone and pick the top 14 from that and not have a finals.

I don't see evidnece that BOA is trying all that hard.

It appears that the schedule could be intact but rather there was a lottery for openings in the schedule whether it was a break or before/after the 2nd round of prelims. Perhaps it's possible Bowie asked CTJ if they could switch times since CTJ is in the San Antonio area? I just don't understand all the backlash and I don't think it's right for us to speculate and lash out at programs based on their luck of the draw. BOA is doing their job. Accomadations were made to these programs for missing their original scheduled time and they are trying to fix tomorrow's schedule accordingly.