UIL Realignment 2024-2025

UIL Realignment is just around the corner. I have no idea what the cutoffs are going to be, but it does look like some schools will be moving up and down yet again.

Here is what was submitted to UIL in October https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/Enroll_all_24_26.pdf?fbclid=IwAR30v3XpMzOONL3rBlbgSh313p6L-3x-FbmPLtun4xbZnKP4YQTzzCJkt-I

Some notable moves in the 5a/6a range based on my initial glance:
-Forney to 6a

-Fulshear to 6a

-Foster to 6a

-Fossil Ridge to 5a

-Highland Park back to 5a

Groups in flex right now:

-Magnolia West

-Rock Hill

-Berkner

-Magnolia

-McKinney North

-Leander

-Aledo

It's worth noting that historically UIL has tended to classify closer to 250 schools in 6a, indicating that the groups listed in flex above will most likely be 6a as well.

22 hours ago, lhbenlee said:

This source thinks the cutoff will be closer to 2285 since some schools will opt up into 6A although somewhere between 2265 and 2285. It will be interesting to see where it falls. 

I'm pretty sure opt ups aren't counted towards the max of 250 schools in 6A. I think that applies to the schools big enough to be in 6A. The smallest school if we're not going based on opt ups will be Edinburgh Vela with 2266 students so the 6A cutoff will still probably be 2265. 

I'm guessing it's going to be at 2280 based upon the number of schools that are usually in the 6A classification. Based upon the enrollment numbers submitted by schools to UIL if it were 2280 there would be 245 schools in 6A. With the UIL regs there is a minimum 220 and a maximum of 250 schools for the 6A classification. 

Curious to see where they put the number and how it all shakes out in the end.  We gotta wait and see! 

On 12/5/2023 at 12:14 PM, jetliner said:

Made a rank order document since I haven't found one anywhere else

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fG6FTYvkNrKb5x4BsWQB2_07S0ACLYWIlMRMDki3iZ4/edit?usp=sharing

Sheet updated, separated the divisions, and fixed some numbers. I assume Zephyr is still at 61, since it seems they fell off the UIL document with the addition of one more private school between the October numbers and the Dec 7th update.

13 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

What area would they be in? Guessing Area C, which if so, even though HP is returning, Forney is leaving to 6A, and think they would be very strong in Area C, especially with how well their past season was 

Most definitely a state contender, Pine Tree is also moving down to 4A. I believe they will be put in area C, which might honestly make Area C and Area B for 4A just as competitive with Kaufman and Anna moving up in Area B, and Pine Tree moving down to Area C

13 hours ago, lost said:

They’ll be comfortably 5A for a very long time, no signs pointed to them moving up this realignment or even the next.

That is not necessarily true. LISD has rezoning that kicks in starting in Fall of 2024 and it will make a significant difference to all of the schools. This UIL snapshot and realignment are before any rezoning happens so it does not take it into account. The rezoning is specifically designed to address declining numbers at CP, Vista Ridge, and Vandegrift and increasing numbers at Leander, Rouse, and Glenn. The projections are that all LISD schools will be near or within 6A class sizes in the next 2 years based on the middle school populations and re-zoning. A 7th high school is being planned. Here is a link to the district projections. Note that even the 2024-2025 school year would have CP as close to 6A as Leander is now and all other LISD schools in 6A based on the new cutoff. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xi13D2Qdqu1GCZkFMjik75H0ln5uvG4J/view

8 minutes ago, lhbenlee said:

That is not necessarily true. LISD has rezoning that kicks in starting in Fall of 2024 and it will make a significant difference to all of the schools. This UIL snapshot and realignment are before any rezoning happens so it does not take it into account. The rezoning is specifically designed to address declining numbers at CP, Vista Ridge, and Vandegrift and increasing numbers at Leander, Rouse, and Glenn. The projections are that all LISD schools will be near or within 6A class sizes in the next 2 years based on the middle school populations and re-zoning. A 7th high school is being planned. Here is a link to the district projections. Note that even the 2024-2025 school year would have CP as close to 6A as Leander is now and all other LISD schools in 6A based on the new cutoff. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xi13D2Qdqu1GCZkFMjik75H0ln5uvG4J/view

Yup.  The rumors are that another middle school will shift and start feeding CP, so ALL incoming incremental students will be freshmen when it happens.  We're talking almost double the number of freshmen currently entering CP in any given year.