TxBands 2023 Predictions!

28 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Added a few events that take place on the 23rd. 

Question for all, should we keep it to ONLY Texas contests or add in out of state contests that have Texas schools representing in them?

I personally think that we should add contest that have Tx bands competing, such as BOA Las Cruces, however, it is a Texas bands website, but I don’t think people would care that much if at all 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:42 PM, J-Mike16 said:

Alright! I added events all through till the end of September. I will start adding more after I get back from vacation. 

When submitting an out of state contest, please know that it may or may not be approved. The lineup needs to be one where most people can recognize. 

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I recently made a prediction for the USBands Houston Regional but another school was added to the roster after I submitted it to be approved by yall. I also forgot to include the caption awards. Sorry about that. Would you be able to change this? The name of the school is Jordan High School by the way.

10 minutes ago, Online Marcher said:

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I recently made a prediction for the USBands Houston Regional but another school was added to the roster after I submitted it to be approved by yall. I also forgot to include the caption awards. Sorry about that. Would you be able to change this? The name of the school is Jordan High School by the way.

Thank you for notifying me about this. Could you please tell me which captions will be given out at this event? I will have this updated as soon as possible!

4 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Thank you for notifying me about this. Could you please tell me which captions will be given out at this event? I will have this updated as soon as possible!

I'm guessing the music, ge, marching, auxiliary, and percussion would be there. Not entirely sure tho. I'm just assuming this because that's what's on the USBands Dallas Regional prediction page. Sorry this is my first time submitting a prediction, so I'm not really sure where is says what captions will be awarded.

4 minutes ago, Online Marcher said:

I'm guessing the music, ge, marching, auxiliary, and percussion would be there. Not entirely sure tho. I'm just assuming this because that's what's on the USBands Dallas Regional prediction page. Sorry this is my first time submitting a prediction, so I'm not really sure where is says what captions will be awarded.

It's ok! I was able to look into the event and saw that all of those + some will be awarded. 

Just did my predictions for all the DFW contests and BOA Austin. I have to say that the turnout so far has been phenomenal. As of now, there are 141 submissions for BOA Austin and 52 for the brand-new Melissa contest. Pretty impressive considering that it's the beginning of the season and there's almost a week to go.

Also, I saw that about 20 new accounts were created over the weekend. That's gotta be some sort of record, right?

Alrighty! I know this happened only a day before the contests, but please everyone make sure to go back and look at your predictions to see if you need/want to re-do some of them. We had several bands drop contests who appeared to be in many of yall's predictions. Sorry for just now saying something about it.