On 10/16/2023 at 1:12 PM, diddles said:

Prediction:

1 TWHS

2 College Park

3 Klein Oak

4 North Shore

5 Tomball Memorial

6/7/8 (in alphabetical order) Grand Oaks/Klein Cain/Oak Ridge

I agree fully with your 1-4th predictions but honestly I think 5th is going to be a hard decision between Tomball Memorial, both Oaks, and Klein Cain. They’re all improving drastically at each competition and game they perform at but it’s hard to figure out which is the best. I can’t wait to see them live on Saturday and I doubt i’m the only one.

8 minutes ago, fishmosh said:

I agree fully with your 1-4th predictions but honestly I think 5th is going to be a hard decision between Tomball Memorial, both Oaks, and Klein Cain. They’re all improving drastically at each competition and game they perform at but it’s hard to figure out which is the best. I can’t wait to see them live on Saturday and I doubt i’m the only one.

It’s hard because I like TMHS’s show but it’s just really messy so I don’t know how it will fare in Uil compared to the boa format. 

Just now, Sanif said:

It’s hard because I like TMHS’s show but it’s just really messy so I don’t know how it will fare in Uil compared to the boa format. 

Yeah I agree, from what i’ve been able to see from them, I would say they’ve definitely designed this show to fit more for BOA rather than UIL. But at the same time I feel it’s the opposite for the Oaks and Klein. They’re less flashy and more centered on playing and attempting to look clean and uniform

here's my predictions for our area.

1. the blue woodlands devils 

2. college park

3. klein oak

4. north shore

5. oak ridge, tomball memorial, or grand oaks (in order from most to least likely)

i respect klein oak and they have a decent shot and could get very close to college park like they did last year, or even beat them, but i'm fairly confident  cp will be able to keep 2nd. north shore brass this year is insane too, i don't know how they're holding up currently because i last saw a video of them almost a month ago, but if they had an even more drastic blow up, i would not be surprised if they contended with cp and klein oak for 4-2 place spots. 5th this year looks like a toss up unfortunately for oak ridge. their visuals aren't keeping up in my opinion and unless they do some serious cleaning this week (they usually do), it may be rough. i saw tmhs live at boa conroe and i'll say it was entertaining, but it seemed to appeal more to boa than uil. again, clean clean clean. last but not least grand oaks. they have SURPRISED me. i'm really hoping for a grand oaks state appearance over the next few years. they have what it takes, just need to lock it in. they're pretty unbelievably great band for a school opened in 2018, taking into account covid and all that happened in the middle. area this year will be really really interesting. i'm very excited. :))

Why, I do believe your posts are informative and sometimes interesting to read. However, I think your posts can be biased at times. I'm not sure if you guys are former parents or students of the programs you always favor, but I believe you give biased rankings to the more affluent schools and never provide a true evaluation of everyone. Your posts have significant influences throughout the season and, more importantly, on the kids who are marching and playing their hearts out every week. Please, if you are going to post about rankings and your opinions about other groups, make sure they are unbiased and offer a true evaluation of all programs, not just the schools you like or were once associated with. Thanks!

1. The Woodlands (Cool show, literal drum corp)

2. College Park (cool show and consistent musically, like previous years

3. Tomball Memorial (GE beating Pearland and CTJ, and show is very unique/exciting)

4. Klein Oak (little fall from previous but still strong in terms of marching skills)

5. Toss up between Spring HS (strong at BOA Katy, beating Oak Ridge and getting 15th there), Oak Ridge (strong band the past couple years but pier show this year), or Grand Oak (lonestar preview great score)

3 minutes ago, Jamal697272 said:

1. The Woodlands (Cool show, literal drum corp)

2. College Park (cool show and consistent musically, like previous years

3. Tomball Memorial (GE beating Pearland and CTJ, and show is very unique/exciting)

4. Klein Oak (little fall from previous but still strong in terms of marching skills)

5. Toss up between Spring HS (strong at BOA Katy, beating Oak Ridge and getting 15th there), Oak Ridge (strong band the past couple years but pier show this year), or Grand Oak (lonestar preview great score)

No north shore? Also this is Uil so general effect is less of a factor so I doubt that tmhs will get carried enough be placed above Klein oak.

2 hours ago, Sanif said:

No north shore? Also this is Uil so general effect is less of a factor so I doubt that tmhs will get carried enough be placed above Klein oak.

North Shore is excellent this year but they've always seemed not to have the greatest runs at Area. People sleep on Tomball Memorial and Grand Oaks this year, but you're right that GE has less effect on UIL. Overall, TWHS win it all, a fight between College Park, Klein Oak, and Tomball Memorial. 5th place is a battle between Oak Ridge, Spring, Grand Oaks, and maybe North Shore

45 minutes ago, D hornline said:

Final prediction before area 

1. woodlands devils 

2. college park

3. oak ridge 

4. klein oak

5. north shore

6/7/8 tomball Memorial , spring, grand oaks

9/10 seems likely klein cain, Collins, tomball, westfield etc will be fighting for the last finalist spots

good luck to all programs tomorrow!

After watching oak ridge I don’t know that their visual is clean enough to place them in 3rd. I have klein oak and north shore above them. TMHS could sneak in over them