UIL 6A Area B 2023

1. Coppell- Although they haven't been the best this season, they always somehow manage to get first.

2. LD Bell- this has been one of the better seasons for this program and I'm glad that they coming back.

3. Waxahachie- they've been pretty consistent with uil and I believe that they'll get top 3

4. Timber Creek- honestly have no comment about them and I don't want to go based off BOA results.

5. Keller

6. Keller Central

7. Carroll/ Dville- this might be a blood bath of a battle and this could go anywhere.

1 hour ago, Asaiah said:

Here's what I got (was gonna post them in alphabetical order, but that's not as fun):

1. Coppell

2. LD Bell

3. Timber Creek

4. Keller Central

5. Keller

6. Waxahachie

7. Southlake Carroll

I think these 7 bands are all locked in for state, but probably not in this exact order.

I would say probably put waxahachie in the 2-4 range as they are typically pretty strong in the UIL field. After that, I think it looks pretty accurate. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuardPerson said:

What do y'all think of JJ Pearce?

I always love what they put out as their product.  A very classy program.  Hoping to see them in finals here.  It would be very tough to crack into the top 7 but if there were to be a surprise group that does so I could see it being them.

18 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I don't know about Highlands and Highland Park. Seeing how low their visual and music scores were at BOA, they've both still got a lot of work to do. Both are more "fun" shows than super competitive shows, at least in my opinion, but neither are super hard shows, especially Highland Park, so while I do see them both possibly making finals,  I struggle to see either of them making state unless they have cleaned up like cray. 

Completely agree! Especially with the area they are in being huge and pretty competitive. I think it's possible to make Area finals, but then as you said, state for either of them would have to mean they somehow have near-flawless runs. 

38 minutes ago, Caleb02 said:

What does everybody think of Boswell this year? Their show is better, and they have been scoring much better this year than last.

I think Boswell is having one of their best seasons yet, I have them a choice for finals. But I know a few other bands are also contenders such as Fossil Ridge, Haltom, Pearce, and Highland Park. I've noticed a real step up in band programs this year, and this is probably going to be the most stacked area B we've had in a long time.

yeah:

1. Coppell- I mean obviously

2. Timber Creek- interchangeable with LD Bell, I just like TC’s show more

3. LD Bell- successful BOA season, good for them

4. Southlake Carroll- neither one of their Prosper performances represent what they’re capable of

5. Keller Central- Love Central proving that they’re not just “the worse Keller ISD school”

6. Keller- TBH these last three spots could go in any order but I feel these schools are all solidly in state

7. Waxahachie

14 hours ago, nightlife said:

After BOA prosper: bell. is. back. 
I could totally see them winning this area. Their show is much more geared towards UIL than I feel like coppell’s is. Love coppells show but it feels wayyyy more BOA and gimmicky :)  timber creek and Keller central will be fighting for 3rd!

I don’t think i see central fighting for 3rd it’s more like a fight for fourth

43 minutes ago, cjm715 said:

Agreed I feel that Timber Creek and Waxahachie will be fighting for 3rd

Not even lol from prosper there was a 6 point difference. Granted it’s boa and most of the difference came from GE but without that with music and visual total it was still a two point difference. I feel like the fights would be a possible top 3 fight between Coppell, ld bell, and tc. Fight in 4-6 would be kcent, waxa, and Keller. I think SLC is a lock for 7 tho imo

16 minutes ago, aaron067 said:

Using solely the results from Prosper is a mistake because there are other factors to consider.

- This area is being judged by directors who primarily come from the Houston school of thought.

Just out of pure curiosity, what are some key points that come to mind from the Houston school of thought? Growing up there, I have a hard time distinguishing. Obviously the best bands in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio are very different but how exactly? 

1 hour ago, aaron067 said:

- Bands like Keller and Waxahachie surge in the late season and usually have a more refined sound than groups that do well at BOA due to general effect. 

While this trend is true, I think it’s important to remember that the performance captions still play a role in BOA, and Waxahachie and Keller were still quite below groups like Bell, Timber Creek, and Keller Central in those captions. It’s not that they have poorer products than normal this year—it seems Bell as a 3-grade high school has finally weathered their COVID struggles and that band as an activity is beginning to really take off all across KISD.

8 hours ago, azi1 said:

Not even lol from prosper there was a 6 point difference. Granted it’s boa and most of the difference came from GE but without that with music and visual total it was still a two point difference. I feel like the fights would be a possible top 3 fight between Coppell, ld bell, and tc. Fight in 4-6 would be kcent, waxa, and Keller. I think SLC is a lock for 7 tho imo

Yes I understand the Prosper gap, but Waxahachie ALWAYS plays UIL better than they do BOA, unlike everyone else who tries to do well in both. I won’t be surprised to see Timber beat them but I wouldn’t underestimate Wax.