UIL 6A Area B 2023

So, setting up a little drama -   

Here, to my study, are the top 10 rankings for the area B(of the 35 going to Area):

1. Coppell

2. Timber Creek

3. Bell

4. Keller High

5. Keller Central

6. Waxahachie

7. Carroll

8. Duncanville

9. Berkner

10. JJ Pearce

so, 6 Bands for sure will advance to state.   7 maybe.   See how big that last band is?  

7 and you feel pretty good if you're KC or Waxahachie.    6, and you'll need some Right Guard.  

Its really 1-3 in one group - (Coppell, TC, Bell)   4-6 in another (KH, KC, Wax) and then likely run for the hills.

The drama in this Area is likely to be the 6 and 7 spots.    And remember, this is ORDINALS!!

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Well, here are my final predictions for this Area. They are based on one, is the show more UIL than BOA, how each band has done at their contest and just general stats about each program. It's going to be yet another extremely tough area, as always, with many bands having their best season to date, but here's my final guess: 

1st. Coppell 

2nd. Timber Creek 

3rd. L.D. Bell 

4th. Keller Central 

5th. Waxahachie (could switch with KC) 

6th. Keller (could IMO be anywhere as high as 3rd if they have really cleaned up visual wise) 

7th. Duncanville 

8th. Southlake Carroll 

9th. Haltom 

10th. Lake Ridge 

11th. Lake Highlands 

12th. Berkner/Fossil Ridge/Boswell/ Pearce

So I feel like top 6, while placements are interchangeable, I don't see it being any different than this. That 7th spot is really IMO between D-Ville or SLC, really depends on the judges, as Southlake's show is definitely more for BOA, so I have them 8th simply because of that, but if they execute well and clean, I could see them making state. 9th-12th is somewhat a guess, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't these bands, really I think the big fight is for those last two spots. Really just hoping that Keller Central finally gets in, will be a fun one! 

For the most part, I agree with you. Just confused why you had Dville over SLC, given that they gota lower placement at BOA Prosper than anyone expected (maybe their show is more of a UIL show bit idk), and have Lake Ridge over Berkner given that Berkner has beaten LR twice this season at Mansfield POC and BOA Prosper. But overall, good predictions.

10 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

For the most part, I agree with you. Just confused why you had Dville over SLC, given that they gota lower placement at BOA Prosper than anyone expected (maybe their show is more of a UIL show bit idk), and have Lake Ridge over Berkner given that Berkner has beaten LR twice this season at Mansfield POC and BOA Prosper. But overall, good predictions.

For Southlake it’s simply bc their show is more heavily focused towards BOA, but seeing the music caption scores has me a little worried. For Lake Ridge it’s more of a guess, but they seem I peek right around area, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Berkner was over them

1. coppell

i would be shocked if they did not win this thing for the third year in a row. they continue to push on an upward trajectory and are very clearly the front runner for this contest. especially as they are skipping out on the BOA side, and taking a lighter season in general, they should thrive in uil and be squeaky clean by this Saturday.

2. bell

they are back on their feet after a short bump in the road, and this show is even better than last year's. they won prelims at boa prosper and had good scores in the performance captions. i think they will do great at this competition and should be a lock to advance to state.

3. timber creek

every year this group continues to get better, it is so amazing. even though they have not broken into boa sa or uil state finals yet, i feel like this may be their year to accomplish one, if not both feats. they have proved themselves multiple times this season and should also be a lock for advancing to state.

4. keller

i know keller may seem like they are having a rough season so far, but people forget that they are still keller. they have not missed finals at boa sa in nearly a decade and are playing the long game this year. if they clean up the mahler in the closer and just clean overall, they will do just fine.

im getting lazy to write about each band sooo

5. keller centeral 

good show, similar to timber creek as they have proven themselves this season so far

6. southlake

love the paris theme, reminds me of waxahachie last year, love the music in the show, visual package is questionable

7. duncanville

havent seen much of them, but they did not peform as expected at boa prosper. but also, its duncanville, the kings of uil, so they will be fine

8. waxahachie

9. lake highlands

10. lake ridge

i don't remember if there are 10 or 12 finalists

i think spots 2-8 are interchangeable depending on the runs and how the shoes do in uil. the only thing that i am 100% confident in saying is that unless some crazy thing happens, coppell will advance to state.

17 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I wouldn’t be so confident- remember Keller Central outright won prelims last year!

Results tend to be more predictable in finals, There are several contenders for first and definitely undeniable state locks. I think this will also be a more tame UIL than normal, drama wise in my view, aided by the fact that there’ll be 7 state spots which feels right for Area B, after having only 5, then 6 in recent years!

13 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

Oops not me accidentally spreading misinformation

All good, happens to the best of yes! But to your point, I do expect KC to be at the top and make state this year. Saw them Saturday at Prosper and was absolutely blown away by their pure and powerful sound. Great show, and they display the theme of the show so well through in the drill, could see them making a case for state/ BOA SA finals 👀👀👀

10 minutes ago, SCVanguard said:

image.thumb.png.5dca93f6d61bd0e71bc641eea7c4c0da.png

Obviously this is with the expectation that region 31 all gets division 1s.

This means only 6 advance to State...I assume people were saying 7 earlier because they counted Coppell JV in there, but they can't advance to Area due to their classification.... 

Can anyone confirm this? Really unfortunate that once again several bands that could easily advance to state in another area will be left out. 

13 minutes ago, BandGuy88 said:

This means only 6 advance to State...I assume people were saying 7 earlier because they counted Coppell JV in there, but they can't advance to Area due to their classification.... 

Can anyone confirm this? Really unfortunate that once again several bands that could easily advance to state in another area will be left out. 

If all Region 31 bands receive a divison 1, than 35 bands in total will be at this contest. They forgot to include Crowley HS, who is a 6A, not a 5A.

2 hours ago, Toasted Almond said:

Oh I agree. But being a band parent for a 6A Area B band, we received a tentative schedule today (unlikely it will change after Region 31 goes tomorrow), and Crowley isn't on it.... only 34 bands are listed. #nervous

The draw for area includes Crowley for 6a.