2023 BOA Prosper (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

5 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Less than two weeks until this giga-stacked contest! Looks like Tom Glenn is officially off the schedule as of today. After seeing some of the bands at Wylie that will be here, I've definitely got some new thoughts, I'll wait till after this weekend for my final predictions: 

Lovejoy: after talking to some of the members, it seemed like some of them were struggling to deal with the heat. They had a pretty bad performance compared to how they have done recently, but based on what I heard they still placed one out of finals by 4 of so points. Music is what really killed them as I thought it would, but I still think they are the frontrunner for AA, could see them not winning music just based on how they did at Wylie, but it sounds like the members know it wasn't great and are motivated to come out strong here, and with going in such great weather, I'm definitely expecting a much stronger performance from them here. 

Mckinney Boyd/North: I could definitely see both of these schools making finals after how they did this past weekend. I feel like North's show is more of a BOA how than Boyd's, but both were extremely strong and very entertaining. Very excited to see them again next weekend! 

Mckinney/Midlothian/Walnut Grove/ Lake Ridge: I don't think because of the depth we will see these bands make finals. I feel like Mckinney, unless they somehow make finals, won't be super far out. Lake ridge definitely isn't a strong as they were volume wise last year, and it's not the most interesting show design wise, but they are executing it well. The other two just aren't really finalist potential imo, but I'm very excited to see how they do after some cleaning. 

I think Boyd will place over North just due to the skill difference, North has a much more GE and BOA geared show, but they are noticeably dirtier and more reserved than Boyd so unless they dislike Boyds show I doubt Boyd will place lower

On 12/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2023 North Texas Regional will be held Oct. 14 at Children's Health Stadium in Prosper, TX.

OFFICIAL SCHEDULE AS OF 10/02/23:

7:15 - Lovejoy H.S., TX
7:30 - Poteet H.S., TX
7:45 - Walnut Grove H.S., TX
8:00 - Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
8:15 - L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
8:30 - Keller H.S., TX
8:45 - Duncanville H.S., TX

BREAK

9:30 - Wakeland H.S., TX
9:45 - Waxahachie H.S., TX
10:00 - Sachse H.S., TX
10:15 - Highland Park H.S., TX
10:30 - Fossil Ridge H.S., TX
10:45 - Prosper H.S., TX
11:00 - McKinney Boyd H.S., TX
11:15 - McKinney H.S., TX
11:30 - Rock Hill H.S., TX

BREAK

12:30 - McKinney North H.S., TX
12:45 - Creekview H.S., TX
1:00 - Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
1:15 - Keller Central H.S., TX
1:30 - Grapevine H.S., TX
1:45 - Midlothian H.S., TX
2:00 - Whitesboro H.S., TX
2:15 - Timber Creek H.S., TX

BREAK

3:00 - L.D. Bell H.S., TX
3:15 - Forney H.S., TX
3:30 - Azle H.S., TX
3:45 - Rockwall H.S., TX
4:00 - Lake Ridge H.S., TX
4:15 - Lake Highlands H.S., TX

CLASS A:
Whitesboro H.S., TX

CLASS AA:
Creekview H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Lovejoy H.S., TX
Poteet H.S., TX

CLASS AAA:
Azle H.S., TX
Forney H.S., TX
Highland Park H.S., TX
L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
McKinney North H.S., TX
Midlothian H.S., TX
Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Walnut Grove H.S., TX

CLASS AAAA:
Duncanville H.S., TX
Fossil Ridge H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
Lake Highlands H.S., TX
Lake Ridge H.S., TX
McKinney Boyd H.S., TX
McKinney H.S., TX
Prosper H.S., TX
Rock Hill H.S., TX
Rockwall H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

Revised and updated the original post with the schedule and classification of each band. 

12 hours ago, loltpt said:

There's really no telling what finals is gonna look like but here are my predictions:

1. Keller

2. Wakeland

3. L.D. Bell

4. Waxahachie

5. Duncanville

6. Southlake Carroll

7. Prosper

8. Timber Creek

9. Hendrickson

10. McKinney Boyd

11. Keller Central 

12. Lake Ridge

Honestly just depends on which band has the best run of their show.

Yummy list. While Keller over Wakeland is possible with the right run, the chances are too low to depend on it. Plus Wakeland is crack by this point, along with Keller, so ultimately it just depends on the run.

37 minutes ago, JWork said:

After Bedford and seeing a few of these bands perform, I'll have a better idea of where these bands stand. Right now these are my top 12 as of right now. 

1. Wakeland

2. Keller 

3. Timber Creek

4. LD Bell

5. Waxahachie

6. Prosper

7. Southlake Carroll

8. Duncanville

9. Hendrickson

10. Keller Central

11. Lake Ridge

12. Lake Highlands / Boyd / Rock Hill / Sachse / Forney

Couldn't fully decide on the final spot and these will most likely move around after Bedford.

I don’t personally see Lake Ridge making finals here, especially over Boyd and Forney. Don’t get me wrong the are really good, but the show lacks imo GE, but I don’t think they will be far out. 

7 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I don’t personally see Lake Ridge making finals here, especially over Boyd and Forney. Don’t get me wrong the are really good, but the show lacks imo GE, but I don’t think they will be far out. 

That’s very fair, I haven’t seen Lake Ridge this season so I put them there based off last year but I did see Forney at HEB this year and if they are just getting better than I believe they’ll make finals. 

5 minutes ago, SaxA41 said:

i’ll take a shot a predictions 

1. wakeland

2. timber creek

3. keller

4. ld bell

5. waxahachie

6. prosper

7. southlake carol 

8.duncanville 

9. hendrickson 

10. forney

11. keller central 

12. boyd

timber creek beat keller at heb last week and forney beat keller central as well. i’m sure they’ll change but that’s where i see most bands placing near

I’d say this is something around what I’d have, I’ll do placements after this weekend

6 minutes ago, CosmicLimbo said:

Duncanville is so tricky for me to predict here. They always seem to do well in UIL but then for some reason it doesn’t translate when they do BOA events. In 2018 they got 17th at BOA DFW and then the next week got 5th and advanced to state in Area B. While I could see them making finals, recent patterns make it difficult for me to put them there just yet. 

Me too, I’m mixed on where to put them. 

On 4/21/2023 at 3:24 PM, LeanderMomma said:

Evidently Rock Hill is planning to attend this one but since it’s also their UIL Region performance day, they are opting only to do prelims. 

A lot of schools have done this where they are able to do three performances in 1 day prosper did it when i was there, walnut grove is doing it this year, and i’m assuming rock hill will be doing it too unless they got a really inconvenient time for uil.

After BOA Bedford and deep statistical analysis of historical data including what may or may happen during a lunar eclipse. This is what I have come up with. 

1)Wakeland

2) LD Bell

3) Prosper

4) Timber Creek

5) Southlake Caroll

6)Keller Central

7) McKinney North

😎 Rock Hill

9) Waxahachie

10-12 (3 of Forney, HP,RW,LH)

—————————-

14-16 but could just as easily by 10-12

Ducanville, Sachse, Hendrickson

Then a Battle Royale for Finals

1 minute ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

After BOA Bedford and deep statistical analysis of historical data including what may or may happen during a lunar eclipse. This is what I have come up with. 

1)Wakeland

2) LD Bell

3) Prosper

4) Timber Creek

5) Southlake Caroll

6)Keller Central

7) McKinney North

😎 Rock Hill

9) Waxahachie

10-12 (3 of Forney, HP,RW,LH)

—————————-

14-16 but could just as easily by 10-12

Ducanville, Sachse, Hendrickson

Then a Battle Royale for Finals

Keller will also be here btw! 

Well now that BOA dfw is over, here are my final predictions! I know that just like yesterday, many, MANY, bands deserving of finals won't get in because of the depth of this contest, probably deeper that Bedford this year. I'm very excited to be able to be here live, both prelims and finals, and will do coverage on all the bands both rounds (assuming I don't forget my portable charger again like I did for Wylie 🫠) I'm making these predictions both off of past results from this season and the assumption that some bands will have more of their show on the field and be cleaner. Also, something else to note is that it would seem per composition suite that Poteet HS could be AAA, not AA, although it's not 100% confirmed, so I'll assume they are still AA until further confirmation. But anyways, here we go with the predictions: 

1st. Wakeland (visual/GE) 

2nd. Keller (music) 

3rd. Timber Creek.... I Believe! 

4th. L.D. Bell 

5th. Southlake 

6th. Prosper  

7th. Keller Central 

8th. Duncanville.... I have high expectations/ hopes for them 

9th. Waxahachie 

10th. Rockhill 

11th. Mckinney Boyd 

12th. Forney 

A Champion- Whitesboro (caption sweep) 

AA

1st. Lovejoy (caption sweep) 

2nd. Grapevine 

3rd. Poteet 

AAA 

1st. Wakeland (caption sweep) 

2nd. Forney

3rd. Robert. E. Hendrickson 

AAAA 

1st. Timber Creek (GE)

2nd. Keller (music) 

3rd. L.D. Bell (visual) 

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Well now that BOA dfw is over, here are my final predictions! I know that just like yesterday, many, MANY, bands deserving of finals won't get in because of the depth of this contest, probably deeper that Bedford this year. I'm very excited to be able to be here live, both prelims and finals, and will do coverage on all the bands both rounds (assuming I don't forget my portable charger again like I did for Wylie 🫠) I'm making these predictions both off of past results from this season and the assumption that some bands will have more of their show on the field and be cleaner. Also, something else to note is that it would seem per composition suite that Poteet HS is AAA, not AA. But anyways, here we go with the predictions: 

2nd. Keller (music) 

3rd. Timber Creek.... I Believe! 

4th. L.D. Bell 

5th. Southlake 

6th. Prosper  

7th. Keller Central 

8th. Duncanville.... I have high expectations/ hopes for them 

9th. Waxahachie 

10th. Rockhill 

11th. Mckinney Boyd 

12th. Forney 

A Champion- Whitesboro (all captions, only class A band) 

AA

1st. Lovejoy (visual/ge....maybe music if they have improved since Wylie, early morning time may hurt them) 

2nd. Grapevine (music) 

3rd. Poteet

AAA 

1st. Wakeland (caption sweep) 

2nd. Forney (could take visual again if Wakeland has another wonky visual score in prelims) 

3rd. Robert. E. Hendrickson 

AAAA 

1st. Timber Creek (GE)

2nd. Keller (music) 

3rd. L.D. Bell (visual) 

Explanation: These again are mostly just a guess as it's almost impossible to predict this one 100% I could totally see the following bands slipping into finals as well: Mckinney North, Lake Highlands, Lake Ridge, Rockwall, Azle and Berkner. 

It all depends on whose got the better run in prelims. Hoping for some upsets and shakeups, best of luck to everyone competing here! 

51 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Keller will also be here btw! 

Thanks. Definitely another top of the bunch one I missed. Makes little tighter for those battling for last few Final spots. 

General question for all….

The top tier bands are going to be ready for Region and Area no matter what. 

More asking about those bands that could finish anywhere from 9-15 at BOA. 

Would you rather have the BOA experience, get a solid run but miss finals. Or would you rather go to another one of these solid but not as stacked contest and get 2 good runs of your show?

I can see benefits both ways. 

22 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Thanks. Definitely another top of the bunch one I missed. Makes little tighter for those battling for last few Final spots. 

General question for all….

The top tier bands are going to be ready for Region and Area no matter what. 

More asking about those bands that could finish anywhere from 9-15 at BOA. 

Would you rather have the BOA experience, get a solid run but miss finals. Or would you rather go to another one of these solid but not as stacked contest and get 2 good runs of your show?

I can see benefits both ways. 

I think a lot of bands coming here are doing it for the experience that probably won’t make finals. Some of them for class championships, some maybe to watch finals for fun, but I think it’s a good point to bring up. I’d hope that the band directors would at least ask the kids if they’d won’t to go to a different comp, but that’s my take 

55 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I think a lot of bands coming here are doing it for the experience that probably won’t make finals. Some of them for class championships, some maybe to watch finals for fun, but I think it’s a good point to bring up. I’d hope that the band directors would at least ask the kids if they’d won’t to go to a different comp, but that’s my take 

Definitely think it has been a positive for Rockwall to see the top tier and learn. They are in Area with the Lewisvilles and Wylies of world. 

From parent point of view, not a fan of doing both local BOA’s. Family of 4 to go watch prelims and finals if made, times back to back weekends is tough. 

2nd. Keller (music)

3rd. Timber Creek

4th. L.D. Bell 

5th. Southlake Carroll

6th. Prosper

7th. Mckinney Boyd

8th. Waxahachie

9th. Keller Central

10th.Forney 

11th. Duncanville

12th. Hendrickson