2023 BOA Prosper (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

5 hours ago, PercussionDad said:

I’d love to see Berkner sneak back into finals after several years of not making it. They beat Lake Ridge at Mansfield a couple weeks ago and have a really strong music program. 

Berkner's low placement last year was due to their closer being very dirty. They likely would have made finals if they were visually cleaner. I haven't seen any videos of them this year, and the contest is more stacked than last year, so it's hard to predict where they'll end up.

I'm so nervous! Our kids fielded the rest of their show today, and it's really complicated, so it's going to be a big test for them tomorrow. And they have their prelims performance during the eclipse. That could either be epically cool or a total train wreck depending on the lighting situation. If it gets too dark and there aren't lights, the kids won't be able to see and neither will the judges and the whole situation could be a huge distraction. Eek! On pins and needles already. Good luck to everyone!!!

1 hour ago, A_Person said:

oh my god. took me forever to figure out how to post on here but as a current Duncanville high school band member i can say that we are slowly going towards a more show and flashy style then our traditional methods and finally having new uniforms often then the constant blue and whites. I still love them though.

I'm looking forward to how it will turn out tomorrow we will try our best, me included. I'll be playing my heart out tomorrow on the trumpet and all our features. we'll do our best to put on a good show with Tag Team :) 

Wishing you and your band a great performance tomorrow!

1 minute ago, CosmicLimbo said:

Lovely stuff from Southlake Carroll. The color palette is super satisfying to look at and the chariot (I think that’s what you call it?) is simply chefs kiss. Also, the flute soloist at the beginning was wonderful and really blew me away!

Yeah he was incredible, some really hard licks he made look so easy!

5 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Questions for BOA experts. We are headed out today. But for future reference, are the live feeds worth the cost?

I’d say yes! It’s really good quality (at least for me) and especially if you just wanna watch prelims or finals, you it’s a great price. I’d only get the pro pass if you’re planning on watching a comp every weekend, but yes definitely worth it imo! 

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

The amount of growth between Wylie and now for Lovejoy is so much! I mean they did not let this early morning performance bring them down, and I’d be very surprised if they weren’t our AA champions, just a wonderful performance, great job Lovejoy! 

I was thinking about Lovejoy this morning with their 7:15am performance time! Sooo early. I’m so happy to hear they had a great run!