5th. MG Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Winston Churchill 

8th. McKinney 

9th. Lake Ridge 

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

12th. Garland/ New Braunfels  

As of now DS is definitely the favorite to win, but I could see Wylie taking it. Rock Hill had a very successful weekend at Prosper and will imo win 3A, but I could see them and CB taking it. Other than that I feel like they only other placement is I could see Mckinney over Churchill, but this is what finals will most likely look close to being. And this is assuming Azle isn’t attending, but if they maybe are, I’d put them probably in 6th or 7th and move everyone else down

After last weekend, I have Lake Ridge in 13th, unless we think their score and placement at Prosper was just a fluke thing. I have to say, I was a little underwhelmed but maybe it just wasn’t their best run. 

9 minutes ago, yayband914 said:

After last weekend, I have Lake Ridge in 13th, unless we think their score and placement at Prosper was just a fluke thing. I have to say, I was a little underwhelmed but maybe it just wasn’t their best run. 

Yeah I could see them being out, it’s not their best how compared to the past couple years, but I’m just assuming that by the time we get here they will have it all cleaned up, but if they don’t do great at Area I’ll probably move them around some

Well now what Area is done, here are my final predictions for this contest! I'm only going to partially use Area when making these, as we saw last night, many bands that were having successes in the BOA type scored events got beat by programs with shows more towards UIL, so I'll mainly use BOA type contest when making these predictions: 

1st. Dripping Springs 

2nd. Wylie 

3rd. Clear Brook 

4th. Rock Hill

5th. M.G. Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Mckinney 

8th. Winston Churchill 

9th. Lake Ridge

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

12th. Garland/New Braunfels 

So, I could definitely see Wylie taking this one, and I'm secretly rooting for them to win. I could see 3rd-6th being different, as well as Mckinney and Churchill. Other than that, don't see it being much different from this. Hopefully the Baylor football game is down early enough for me to make it down for finals (game starts at 2 so we will see), but I'll definitely be watching on Box5 if I'm not able to make it live. 

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Well now what Area is done, here are my final predictions for this contest! I'm only going to partially use Area when making these, as we saw last night, many bands that were having successes in the BOA type scored events got beat by programs with shows more towards UIL, so I'll mainly use BOA type contest when making these predictions: 

1st. Dripping Springs 

2nd. Wylie 

3rd. Clear Brook 

4th. Rock Hill

5th. M.G. Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Mckinney 

8th. Winston Churchill 

9th. Lake Ridge

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

12th. Garland/New Barnfuls 

So, I could definitely see Wylie taking this one, and I'm secretly rooting for them to win. I could see 3rd-6th being different, as well as Mckinney and Churchill. Other than that, don't see it being much different from this. Hopefully the Baylor football game is down early enough for me to make it down for finals (game starts at 2 so we will see), but I'll definitely be watching on Box5 if I'm not able to make it live. 

Is New Barnfuls a different school from New Braunfels?

On 6/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, bancl said:

So, both Coppell and Keller had this date listed as a possible contest, and now have something called the Show of Shows on this date.  Anyone know what/where that is?  I'm guessing it's a local (DFW) contest, but I haven't heard of it before.  It it's new, that's a big deal to pull two programs like that late season!

0526B3F4-9E2D-4278-AC6C-AA6306A02747.jpeg

Top 5 Predictions for Waco plus explanations

1.Dripping Springs (They have been having a fantastic season and I have seen how the push for grand nats have really shaped them up to perform at a very high level. I know UIL is different but they did technically beat cedar ridge if that means anything)

2.Wylie (Another amazing program and they are having a fantastic season from what I have seen and I could possibly see them winning this thing but DS is just looking really good and has been improving at a very fast pace. I do see them maybe taking outstanding music in finals as-well.)

3.Clear Brook ( A very solid show they have this year and they have been scoring nicely at their comps. I don’t really see them getting close to wylie or DS tho.)

4 and 5.Rock Hill/Moe and Gene Johnson (Both groups are outstanding and I could see either one taking 4th or 5th but rn i’m leaning towards rock hill in 4th and m&g in 5th.)

Class Champions and Caption Awards

4A-Dripping Springs

3A-Clear Brook

1A-Glen Rose

Music-Drip/Wylie

Visual-Drip

GE-Drip

1st. Dripping Springs 

2nd. Wylie 

3rd. Clear Brook 

4th. Rock Hill

5th. M.G. Johnson 

6th. Braswell 

7th. Mckinney 

8th. Winston Churchill 

9th. Lake Ridge

10th. Plano East 

11th. James Martin 

12th. Garland/New Braunfels 

Don’t get me wrong, Clear Brook is amazing, but I only see DS/Wylie taking those top two spots, Don’t know who’s gonna take the first, but I’m leaning towards dripping springs.

14 hours ago, ReginaPhalange said:

Here are my predictions for this contest!  I do not think Azle is participating anymore because it is not on their band's calendar and they have Area on the same day.

1. Wylie

2. Dripping Springs 

3. Clear Brook

4. Moe & Gene Johnson 

5. McKinney 

6. Rock Hill 

7. Winston Churchill

8. Cypress Falls

9. Lake Ridge

10. Braswell

11. Plano East

12. New Braunfels

13. James Martin

14. Garland

15. San Marcos 

16. Midway

17. Harker Heights

18. Waco

19. Glen Rose

20. Meridian

Honestly this is a solid prediction imo 

I think Arlington Martin and New Braunfels are gonna rock paper scissors for that last finals spot 

17 hours ago, ReginaPhalange said:

Here are my predictions for this contest!  I do not think Azle is participating anymore because it is not on their band's calendar and they have Area on the same day.

1. Wylie

2. Dripping Springs 

3. Clear Brook

4. Moe & Gene Johnson 

5. McKinney 

6. Rock Hill 

7. Winston Churchill

8. Cypress Falls

9. Lake Ridge

10. Braswell

11. Plano East

12. New Braunfels

13. James Martin

14. Garland

15. San Marcos 

16. Midway

17. Harker Heights

18. Waco

19. Glen Rose

20. Meridian

Cypress Falls was dead last at Conroe. I hardly see them making finals, let alone placing above a regional champion. 

1 hour ago, yayband914 said:

The “final” schedule BOA just released includes Azle, but their Area performance is at 1:15, and there’s no way they can haul tail to make it to Waco for a 3:00 performance. 

Cypress Falls was also a previous drop, so it remains to be seen if they will still be here, too. 

It is on the Cypress Falls Band Calendar as of today, so I would assume they are still attending.

I'm curious about Azle though.  It would be very interesting if they skipped their Area Contest.

12 minutes ago, TenerSacs said:

I think Moe and Gene Johnson is a lot better than y’all think. They were actually 5th in prelims at Area (above dripping) and also have a really solid show. Depending on how their runs go and if the judges like them, I could see them winning.

MG Johnson is no stranger to BOA Waco. They finished in 2nd place at a more competitive Waco last season above schools like Rouse and Leander. While their show is not as good as it has been in previous years, I see them as a surefire medalist here. The battle between them, Wylie, and Dripping Springs should be an interesting one! I wish CTJ, McNeil, and Seven Lakes were coming to this regional like they had previously intended, that could have really spiced up finals.