DCI 2023

Dave609

42 minutes ago, gregorydf01 said:

Crown was unreal in the dome, just amazing!  Ovations in the middle of the show.  The crowd response was electric!

I am pulling for crown to pull out the upset and take first, however the execution of BD is so hard to beat.

I think Crown has the power and potential to take BD tomorrow if they don’t tonight. I think they can have a better run in their front ensemble, but tomorrows panel is especially good for Crown, so I think if it happens, tomorrow will be the night. 

Good evening everyone!!! It's almost time for finals to begin!!!! I'm hoping Crown or at this point Bloo can win, and while I love BD'S show this year and they will probably win, I would love an upset! Hoping PR can pull in to 6th and troopers can finish top 10 and break into the 90's. It will be a great evening of DCI regardless of the scores, and here are my final preds before it's over: 

1st: BD(guard/visual/GE) 

2nd: Crown(Brass)

3rd: Bloo

4th: BAC

5th: Cadets

6th: PR

7th: Mandarins 

8th: Cavaliers(perc) 

9th: Colts 

10th: Troopers 

11th: Blue Stars 

12th: Blue Knights 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! LEAVE IT ALL OUT ON THE FIELD TONIGHT!!! 

Troopers are just SO FREAKING GOOD! Hands down coolest solo in dci, even more so than keytar(IMO)!!!! I mean they just blew the roof off of LOS! Has to be one of if not my favorite show of the year, yet I say that for many cores! They have improved so much throughout the season and left it all out there tonight! All their soloist were flawless tonight, and they just march the heck out of the show. GO TROOPERS! 

Mandarins!!!! I'm still amazed by what they have been able to do this year. LOVE LOVE LOVE the brass book! It's such a fun, energetic, and super entertaining show!! The props are crazy, the trombone players are just so freaking good(and the trumpet), I mean how can you not like this show! I CAN NOT wait to see what they bring next year! Congrats Mandis on a phenomenal season!!! 

BAC!!! BEST RUN OF THE SEASON! Guard is insane! Perc is insane! I will admit, the brass, while was amazing, could have been a little better from my ears. I'd love for them to medal, but I don't see it happening unless Bloo has a bad run or crowns perc gets tanked. my favorite BAC show thought, was such a treat all season long, especially live! 

CAROLINA CROWN!!! A phenomenal run to finish an incredible season. I will admit, I'm worried a good amount. Seems they upped the electornics volume a ton, which was a very bad call imo, hopefully it wasn't as bad in the stadium as on flo, but regardless a fantastic season. BEST BRASS IN DCI!!! And congrats to their perc for really stepping it up this season! 

Another masterclass from BD, not much else to say! They just know how to bring the top show year after year, and I LOVE their music this year sm! Another great season from the Blue Devils! 

Here are my final predictions for the night. I could see BAC and Crown, Cadets PR and Mandis, and Blue Stars, troopers getting different placements: 

1st: Blue Devils(guard/visual/GE) 

2nd: Bluecoats

3rd: Carolina Crown(brass) 

4th: BAC

5th: Cadets 

6th: Phantom Regiment 

7th: Mandarins 

8th: Cavalries(perc) 

9th: Colts

10th: Troopers 

11th: Blue Stars

12th: Blue Knights 

Congrats to all the cores on yet another amazing year of DCI! It's probably my favorite season overall since 2016. Everyone like EVERYONE was so good this year! Thank you to all the performers for an amazing summer of DCI! 

Finals Scores/Captions 

BD:Visual,GE,Guard

Crown: Brass

Cavalries: Percussion 

1st: Blue Devils: 98.975 

2nd: Bluecoats: 97.738

3rd: Carolina Crown: 97.663 

4th: Boston Crusaders: 96.925

5th: Cadets: 94.313

6th: Mandarins: 93.775

7th: Phantom Regiment: 92.988

8th: Cavalries: 92.125

9th: Colts: 90.263

10th: Troopers: 89.475

11th: Blue Stars: 88.625

12th: Blue Knights: 86.375

Absolutely amazing performances tonight. Congrats to all the corps! And to the Blue Devils on their 3rd championship in a row!

The Bluecoats and Carolina Crown both performed shows that rank among their best. It could have gone either way, but overall I agree that the Bluecoats' visual performance and design gap should have put them over Crown's music performance gap.