2022-23 Area C Predictions?

Rowlett really surprised me at Royse City. Heath had a good showing, I just believed they should have gotten first after watching them. Garland also surprised me. I know Rockwall ISD had a fall break, so both Rockwall schools could have done better if they had a full week to practice.  North Forney was underwhelming as with mesquite

Watching Royse City's exhibition they sounded amazing and looked really good.

Royse City Standings

1st. Melissa(5a)

2nd. Rowlett

3rd. Princeton (5a)

4th. Heath

Edit. Saw the music scores, and one judge was not fair to heath. Two gave them first while one gave them tenth. Because of that Heath lost to Rowlett by two points. Rowlett and Heath were neck and neck in terms of visual performance. 

Well prosper’s Rock Hill just made a finals appearance at the prestigious BOA DFW placing above the state finalist Southlake Carrol. I expect Rock Hill will surprise everyone in area c and could even potentially make a state appearance. Also to my surprise Wylie placed first over Wylie East in the McKinney Marching invitational although not really feeling these scores as they put Rockwall in 6th and the state finalist colleyville heritage in 7th. Sachse placed 10th at Wylie but then made a huge come back at BOA midland with 3rd place beating lake ridge and summit who originally beat them at Wylie by quite a bit.  

Just now, ClarinetKing said:

Well prosper’s Rock Hill just made a finals appearance at the prestigious BOA DFW placing above the state finalist Southlake Carrol. I expect Rock Hill will surprise everyone in area c and could even potentially make a state appearance. Also to my surprise Wylie placed first over Wylie East in the McKinney Marching invitational although not really feeling these scores as they put Rockwall in 6th and the state finalist colleyville heritage in 7th. Sachse placed 10th at Wylie but then made a huge come back at BOA midland with 3rd place beating lake ridge and summit who originally beat them at Wylie by quite a bit.  

So Colleyville Heritage didn't have a great run in finals. Wylie had an AMAZING run in both Prelims and Finals, and Rockwall had a solid run, but Lewisville, Plano East, and Burleson Centennial had much better runs overall

I honestly see Heath being a contender to make finals possibly beating a Plano band or Allen same with Lewisville. I know both schools didn't do well in area last year both in the lower teens, 16th for lewisville and 17th for heath exactly. But I could possibly see both make area finals if its 12 bands or one of them make area if its ten bands. 

1 hour ago, SaxPapi101 said:

I honestly see Heath being a contender to make finals possibly beating a Plano band or Allen same with Lewisville. I know both schools didn't do well in area last year both in the lower teens, 16th for lewisville and 17th for heath exactly. But I could possibly see both make area finals if its 12 bands or one of them make area if its ten bands. 

I hope there is 12 spots. There are to many good shows that it would be unfortunate for only 10 finals spots and 5 state qualifiers. I really want there to be 6 state spots for this group. But we don't find out until next Saturday

I don’t know what to make of this area outside of the top 3. The Wylie schools looked strong at McKinney, but so did Lewisville, PESH, and Rockwall. Prosper looks good as always, but so does Rock Hill. Sachse and McKinney Boyd have both made strides this season as well. 

Its a shame this Area can only advance up to 6 bands.  

1 hour ago, peshbandkid said:

I don’t know what to make of this area outside of the top 3. The Wylie schools looked strong at McKinney, but so did Lewisville, PESH, and Rockwall. Prosper looks good as always, but so does Rock Hill. Sachse and McKinney Boyd have both made strides this season as well. 

Its a shame this Area can only advance up to 6 bands.  

I think I can crack the top 15 

1. Hebron

2. FloMo

3. Marcus

4. Wylie East

5. Wylie

6. Rockhill

7. Rockwall

8. Propser

9. Sachse

10. Boyd

11. PESH

12. Heath

13. Lewisville

14. Plano

15. Plano West/ Mckinney 

This is too good of an area, hard to pick

oh lordy......

1st - Hebron

2nd - Flower Mound 

3rd - Marcus 

4th - Wylie

5th - Prosper

6th - Wylie East

7th - Rockwall

8th - Rock Hill

9th - Sachse

10th - McKinney Boyd

11th - Plano East

12th - Lewisville

13th - McKinney

14th - Rockwall Heath

15th - Allen

I think placements 4th through 9th could be anything. Obviously, this very well could change but, as of tonight this is my list. 

11 minutes ago, SaxPapi101 said:

Whats your top 15 in the area, as well as honorable mentions who could possibly who could crack the top 15

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Wylie 

5. Prosper

6. Wylie East

7. Rock Hill

8-12: Plano East, Lewisville, Rockwall, Sachse, McKinney Boyd

13. McKinney

14. Rockwall Heath

15. Plano

The bolded section is obviously where I had no confidence to determine. McKinney had Lewisville>PESH>Rockwall, but I know for fact that Plano East still has things to add, and I am confident the same is with Rockwall. Sachse and McKinney Boyd were in the bottom half of finals at Wylie (which is a more UIL oriented sheet,) but Sachse bounched back and I am sure Boyd will improve as well.

Outside of that block, I think most things will stay where they are

1 minute ago, peshbandkid said:

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Wylie 

5. Prosper

6. Wylie East

7. Rock Hill

8-12: Plano East, Lewisville, Rockwall, Sachse, McKinney Boyd

13. McKinney

14. Rockwall Heath

15. Plano

The bolded section is obviously where I had no confidence to determine. McKinney had Lewisville>PESH>Rockwall, but I know for fact that Plano East still has things to add, and I am confident the same is with Rockwall. Sachse and McKinney Boyd were in the bottom half of finals at Wylie (which is a more UIL oriented sheet,) but Sachse bounched back and I am sure Boyd will improve as well.

Outside of that block, I think most things will stay where they are

One thing that sucks for 13-15 bands, they perform really early. So the judges can forget, their performances after watching 25+ bands. Who knows maybe Royse City or other bands can change the trajectory of the results. 

Here's the performance order, if all of this holds up.

1 Rockwall Heath 

2 Mesquite 

3 Royse City 

4 Wylie East 

5 Plano West 

6 Eaton 

7 Tyler Legacy 

8 Marcus 

9 Wylie 

10 Rock Hill 

11 Flower Mound 

12 John Horn 

13 North Forney 

14 North Garland 

15 Plano East 

16 Byron Nelson 

17 Sachse 

18 Rockwall 

19 Lakeview 

20 Garland 

21 McKinney 

22 Allen 

23 Guyer 

24  Braswell 

25  Plano 

26 Lewisville 

27 Rowlett 

28 Little Elm 

29 McKinney Boyd 

30 Hebron 

31 Prosper 

32 Naaman Forest

On 8/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, Bandmanio said:

I believe that Rock Hill will surprise many groups this year. Don't know about a state berth but they will continue to turn heads.

Completely Agree, just heard them perform a few weeks ago and it was really really really good

1 hour ago, SaxPapi101 said:

i honestly don't think allen is that good at all this year

I'm part of Allen this year and I think we are alot better than last year but at the same time everybody else is as well. I feel we got very very very lucky making finals last year, idk if well be able to pull it off again :(

18 minutes ago, r7antwo said:

I'm part of Allen this year and I think we are alot better than last year but at the same time everybody else is as well. I feel we got very very very lucky making finals last year, idk if well be able to pull it off again :(

Goodluck to Ya'll at Region! I will be at the Area C contest, so I hope to see ya'll there!

I think Allen has a good chance! They definitely are better than last year and making area finals seems to have brought a lot of motivation. They definitely have a more clean sound and it’s very rich. For their size, they are definitely trying to up the notch in terms of difficulty. I wouldn’t count them out. 

18 hours ago, Dave609 said:

So Colleyville Heritage didn't have a great run in finals. Wylie had an AMAZING run in both Prelims and Finals, and Rockwall had a solid run, but Lewisville, Plano East, and Burleson Centennial had much better runs overall

So the consensus is that Rockwall is not doing as well this year. These are my current predictions:

1st* - Hebron (Swept captions at DFW)

2nd* - Flower Mound

3rd* - Marcus 

4th* - Prosper 

5th* - Wylie East 

6th* - Sachse

7th - Wylie 

8th - Rock Hill 

9th - McKinney Boyd 

10th - Lewisville 

11th - Rockwall 

12th - Plano East

These predictions may or may not change based on the results of the Prosper BOA this weekend. Rock Hill will surprise many at Area C. If you thought Hebron was insane last year they are really bringing the heat this year.