2022-23 Area C Predictions?

Area Week Predictions! This is still by far the most difficult Area in 6A and this weekend will interesting to watch! 

Line breaks represent (in my opinion) the placement tiers that are possible. 

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

---------------------

4. Wylie East

5. Prosper

6. Wylie

7. Rock Hill

8. Sachse

--------------------

9. McKinney Boyd

10. Plano East

11. Rockwall

12. Lewisville

13. Rockwall Heath

36 minutes ago, peshbandkid said:

Area Week Predictions! This is still by far the most difficult Area in 6A and this weekend will interesting to watch! 

Line breaks represent (in my opinion) the placement tiers that are possible. 

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

---------------------

4. Wylie East

5. Prosper

6. Wylie

7. Rock Hill

8. Sachse

--------------------

9. McKinney Boyd

10. Plano East

11. Rockwall

12. Lewisville

13. Rockwall Heath

very solid list and will probably be close to what finals looks like 

I've been seeing alot of what people are saying about predictions and i don't think it's fair to predict a contest I'm going to compete in but i also think yall will be very surprised as to how area will turn out. I have seen all the recordings everyone has sent and i have seen alot on my own and i do think the predictions for some of these bands are very interesting... I'm really excited to see how it turns out though and i wish good luck to everyone competing!!

1 hour ago, DJ:D said:

I've been seeing alot of what people are saying about predictions and i don't think it's fair to predict a contest I'm going to compete in but i also think yall will be very surprised as to how area will turn out. I have seen all the recordings everyone has sent and i have seen alot on my own and i do think the predictions for some of these bands are very interesting... I'm really excited to see how it turns out though and i wish good luck to everyone competing!!

I'll be at the contest recording Prelims and hopefully finals! If you don't mind me asking, which program are you competing with? And best of luck to ya'll!

19 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

I'll be at the contest recording Prelims and hopefully finals! If you don't mind me asking, which program are you competing with? And best of luck to ya'll!

I'd rather not say incase anyone from the programs might see this and get demotivated and i am also representing my program so I'd rather not look bad by saying stuff about another band. All respect to everyone else competing but I'm just afraid of people taking it the wrong way. Though you can contact me on instagram @djthefunnyman or on discord at @DJ_#7968 if you would like to talk about it!

6 minutes ago, DJ:D said:

I'd rather not say incase anyone from the programs might see this and get demotivated and i am also representing my program so I'd rather not look bad by saying stuff about another band. All respect to everyone else competing but I'm just afraid of people taking it the wrong way. Though you can contact me on instagram @djthefunnyman or on discord at @DJ_#7968 if you would like to talk about it!

Fair enough! I'll contact later!

This could go so many different ways, Saturday will be a long and grueling day for these young kids.  Props to ALL of them for giving it their all.  Scrolling through....so many predictions based on prior events and who beat who and where.  Many of these bands just polished off right before Region. They have also adapted.  I do think most peoples locks for top 3 seem legit....but 4-14 could go anywhere.

Final Predictions:

1. Hebron
  2. Flower Mound
  3. Marcus
  4. Wylie East
  5. Prosper
  6. Wylie
  7. Rock Hill
  8. Plano East
  9. McKinney Boyd
  10. Sachse
  11. Rockwall
  12. Rockwall Heath

This is another super competitive area. The top 3 of Hebron, Flower Mound, and Marcus are obvious picks as locks for state (and state finals for that matter) but after that it's much more wide open. I'm partial to Wylie East and Prosper as two of the last 3 state advancers as they've had great results so far with excellent shows. The last spot I could see going to a variety of bands with the depth in this area.

72 hours away.....to think it all comes down to one best effort to make the Finals.....then you give it your all knowing only 1/2 of those bands that make finals will go to state.

When would you want your band to perform during prelims?  Would you want to march early in day and get a rest or would you want your band to march late prelims, qualify finals, and then keep those juices flowing straight into finals???

We all know this Region is stacked....lets give some props to maybe bands in finals that don't get recognized as much as the "Big 3" or the likely "finals" bands.  Who's shows have you enjoyed?

I have seen John Horn 4-5 times now and really like their concept.  I feel like they get better each time.  Garland's lighthouse is pretty cool as well....neat effect.

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

We all know this Region is stacked....lets give some props to maybe bands in finals that don't get recognized as much as the "Big 3" or the likely "finals" bands.  Who's shows have you enjoyed?

I have seen John Horn 4-5 times now and really like their concept.  I feel like they get better each time.  Garland's lighthouse is pretty cool as well....neat effect.

Plano Senior has a really nice show too.  No kids in school there anymore but I have seen their show multiple times and really liked it.  

On 10/20/2022 at 10:16 PM, Dave609 said:

is anyone else going to be at this contest?

I’m thinking about going to Area B prelims and Area C finals, the opposite of what I did last year, lol, I haven’t decided exactly what I’m gonna do though, so many options😩  This would be the 4th time going to B and the third time going to C.