2022-23 Area C Predictions?

8 hours ago, ClarinetKing said:

So the consensus is that Rockwall is not doing as well this year. These are my current predictions:

1st* - Hebron (Swept captions at DFW)

2nd* - Flower Mound

3rd* - Marcus 

4th* - Prosper 

5th* - Wylie East 

6th* - Sachse

7th - Wylie 

8th - Rock Hill 

9th - McKinney Boyd 

10th - Lewisville 

11th - Rockwall 

12th - Plano East

These predictions may or may not change based on the results of the Prosper BOA this weekend. Rock Hill will surprise many at Area C. If you thought Hebron was insane last year they are really bringing the heat this year. 

Heath, Rowlett, and Royse City may surprise y'all this year

10 hours ago, peshbandkid said:

Interesting choices. I personally can't see Braswell ahead of Prosper, Wylie, or Rockwall, but predictions are predictions

I went to the Region 2 UIL yesterday, and I might be biased since that's the program my cousins are in, but they are leaps and bounds better than they were last year. Other than the big three in that region, Braswell was the only other band that got a standing ovation.

If you saw Rockwall early in season, just wait for the finished product.  They are gaining steam at the right time.  Area is definitely stacked.  Mckinney was not their best performance of year but did move up a spot in Finals.  This past weekend was their first BOA trip and missed finals by .65 of a point.  They won prelims and Grand Champions at Birdville ISD event...not a stacked event but top 3 bands were solid for sure.  Rockwall may be peaking at the right time to make some area noise.  Interesting to note...for who knows why...but they really perform their best at night.  If they can make finals at Regions...it only takes 1 solid show.  It's going to be a powerful 6 that make state and 4-5 that feels like they should have!!!

Too early to make state predictions but can't wait to see Wednesday.

I'm just a band dad, new to this world but want to give a shout out to a band that's not my own!  John Horn High School has a really neat show.  I've seen them perform 4-times between Football game, Mesquite, and 2x at Birdville.  Every performance they get stronger.  Not likely a top 15 but they should be very proud of their growth throughout the season!

Well, I was hoping after last weekend, things would be easier to predict, but they've only gotten harder! Some bands here had some major success, and now that most if not all won't be competing till area (other than region if they haven't gone but I'm pretty sure everyone has), here are my final predictions: 

1st: Hebron

2nd: Flowermound 

3rd: Marcus 

4th: Wylie 

5th: Wylie East 

6th: Prosper 

7th: Rockhill 

8th: Mckinney Boyd 

9th:  Rockwall

10th: Sachse 

11th: PESH  

12th: Braswell 

I honestly could see 4-6 going to anyone from 10th up. It will really be determined by how everyone's performance is! there are so many bands at this area that are worthy of going to state, and it will be tuff fight for those last 3 spots, so everyone will need to be on their A Game if they want a state spot! 

14 hours ago, TexasWoo1999 said:

*OFFICIAL*
31 Bands Qualified for Prelims, 12 will make finals, and 6 Bands will advance to The State Marching Band Contest.

The UIL webpage has 32 on the list now.

1 Rockwall Heath

2 Mesquite

3 Royse City

4 Wylie East

5 Plano West

6 Eaton

7 Tyler Legacy

8 Marcus

9 Wylie

10 Rock Hill

11 Flower Mound