2021 HEB Marching Contest (Oct 2)

50 minutes ago, DallasFan said:

Agree with most of the predictions however I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Forney. They got 6th at this contest in 2018 & 2019 and everything I've heard about that program is that they're stronger than 2 years ago!

I personally have Forney in my finals prediction as they're always solid every year. I hope this contest doesn't get rained out. Haven't we suffered enough!

I do think Marcus will have the edge since they had a competitive season in 2020 and they're going to grand nats. Their 2017 show is one of my favorite of theirs and they went on to get 4th at GN that year.

But I am still rooting for Keller to win it! They will have to do a lot of cleaning from when I last saw them but I definitely think they have a good chance. Or hopefully they can steal a caption.

3 hours ago, DallasFan said:

Agree with most of the predictions however I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Forney. They got 6th at this contest in 2018 & 2019 and everything I've heard about that program is that they're stronger than 2 years ago!

I haven’t heard much on forney this year but if they’re stronger than ever than they’re probably going to snatch a spot in finals

Excited to see Keller compete for the first time in 2 years! Marcus might have the edge though because they did have a season last year.

also went to the timber creek football game today, they brass can really play and the show design is really interesting, i think they have a good chance of sneaking up into top 3 possibly tomorrow?, they have a phenomenal saxophone ensemble and clarinet soloist as well.

11 minutes ago, BandFan59 said:

Sounds familiar but I can't put a name to it. They sounded fantastic though, I think they may have an outside shot at the music caption next week against Hebron and FloMo.

I know a song called "While Restless on my Bed I Lie" and it sounded very much like it- so now I'm curious if the song I know is actually a more famous tune that I didn't realize.

19 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I know a song called "While Restless on my Bed I Lie" and it sounded very much like it- so now I'm curious if the song I know is actually a more famous tune that I didn't realize.

It's called The Road Home. By Craig Hella Johnson I believe. 

Edited by KinDallas
Update

41 minutes ago, BandFan59 said:

Wow Keller was really good! I think Marcus was cleaner but Keller's show had a higher level of difficulty for me. Tough to say who's going to take this one. A lot of great bands in this last block for sure.

Agreed. Marcus’ show was cleaner and felt more complete visually. I also think Marcus had more show on the field. Keller played some really interesting music! Great music GE imo. Visually there were some very challenging moments and I’m excited to see the visual design more fleshed out hopefully at BOA next week.