Wow, Burbank sounded great, looked great, and has a great show. I think that they unfortunately disqualified themselves with a prerecorded piece played during their show. I'm gutted for the kids.

odd. You would think it wouldn't have gotten past the region level assuming they did the same there? And if they didn't, then they clearly are aware of that rule and that would seem like an odd error to allow happen here. Curious for further development on this.

odd. You would think it wouldn't have gotten past the region level assuming they did the same there? And if they didn't, then they clearly are aware of that rule and that would seem like an odd error to allow happen here. Curious for further development on this.

I saw their director go nuts as soon as it started. My guess is that it was an accidental deployment. It sucks. I would love to see that show again in finals. They did very well.

ooh. Man. That sucks. Yeh, dinosaur rule does seem like an adequate description. UIL is definitely run by alot of older dudes whom frown upon the modern marching band productions. I would anticipate a change with UIL in the years to come as the older establishment is replaced with the next generation of band directors. Also have to consider though that UIL is trying to maintain a balance with the needs and resources of the 1A school to the needs of the 6A school.

Very happy for Harlan here. Only the seniors would know me from their time in the Taft Front Ensemble. I was pretty harsh as a section leader, but I was impressed with the group's growth over that first season. I'm very happy to hear how good they've gotten in a couple years.

I'm excited to see if an SA band (I'm praying Harlan) can make it into state. I'd be there, but Judson is a bit farther than I'd like to drive.

Doubtful. Area H 5A is nowhere near as stacked as Area H 6A. Cedar Park is legit and should/will be in finals, Rouse has a strong shot-I had Roma over them in 2017 but having seen them this year, they look/sound good, and will for sure be in the conversation. Outside of that the other two Area H 5A qualifiers I don't think will be in the State finals mix, IMO. But, you never know. As always the final round of all of this will be a fun one to watch!

Wow. Finals recaps and prelims interesting. Looks like Glen got in on that M1 judge that had them 3rd in both prelims/finals. They flip two music judges with marching judges for finals, and the other two music rankings were along the same lines (8 & 5 in prelims to 9 & 6 in finals)  so I wonder if that music judge stayed in that role for finals? Otherwise Finals judges seemed pretty consistent with the exception of that one music judge.