Area F 2018

All 4 CISD schools rocked it tonight. Willis was really good as well; hope they continue upwards. It still feels difficult to predict who will win this Saturday. As of now it would seem CP would take it, but the TWHS was a ton cleaner tonight. If they keep up the cleaning at the same rate I wouldn’t be surprised to see them on top.

Quick thoughts. Tomball Memorial has a great show. I think the will likeky be finalists at area and could certainly grab a state spot. The Klein schools all had good shows. Collins may be the standout in my mind.

Our run was very rough tonight we had some last minute problems that definitely showed in the run we will be busting it the next few days to get back in order and let out more sound instead of conserving like tonight.

So the 4 Conroe ISD schools have gone on. All will receive 1's. That was the best I have ever seen Conroe. I think Oak Ridge, The Woodlands, and College Park should be area finalists at least. More thoughts after seeing more bands.

Conroe looked and sounded great!

Having seen Lone star, boa conroe, region 9, and battle of the berry, here are my final predictions:

1: The Woodlands

2: College Park

3: Oak Ridge

4: North Shore

5: Westfield

6: Tomball Memorial

7: Klein Oak

8: Spring

9: Klein Cain

10: Klein

All 4 CISD schools rocked it tonight. Willis was really good as well; hope they continue upwards. It still feels difficult to predict who will win this Saturday. As of now it would seem CP would take it, but the TWHS was a ton cleaner tonight. If they keep up the cleaning at the same rate I wouldn’t be surprised to see them on top.

All 6 of the Conroe High Schools received I's, including the 5A's  Look for a 5A Grand Oaks to be very competitive in 2019 and a 6A Grand Oaks to be holding their own with the other Conroe 6A Schools in 2020. (GOHS is a North/South split of the ORHS feeder zone) 

All 6 of the Conroe High Schools received I's, including the 5A's  Look for a 5A Grand Oaks to be very competitive in 2019 and a 6A Grand Oaks to be holding their own with the other Conroe 6A Schools in 2020. (GOHS is a North/South split of the ORHS feeder zone) 

Grand Oaks' Asst Band Director (Brian Moran) was the brass director at one of CISD's 5th/6th grade campuses.  He's a great brass instructor.  Give him a few years as the program builds and you will see a tremendous sound coming from that band.  

Grand Oaks' Asst Band Director (Brian Moran) was the brass director at one of CISD's 5th/6th grade campuses. He's a great brass instructor. Give him a few years as the program builds and you will see a tremendous sound coming from that band.

I’m glad to hear it! I will always support my alma mater first and foremost, but Grand Oaks is the closest high school to me so I want them to do very well. GO GRIZZLIES!

Grand Oaks' Asst Band Director (Brian Moran) was the brass director at one of CISD's 5th/6th grade campuses.  He's a great brass instructor.  Give him a few years as the program builds and you will see a tremendous sound coming from that band.  

Brian and I went to College together and were in the same Orchestra Low Brass session at UH.  He knows his stuff.  My kiddo is in the band at Grand Oaks.  The ensemble sound improvement from 8/1 until now has been amazing.