The Danpodcast - Midland Nerd-In

The Nerd-In travels out to West Texas for the BOA Midland Regional!  Let's talk about the history of the event, what the future of the event could be, and I'll highlight one program attending this weekend that I am calling The Heroes of the Texas Marching Season.  Thanks for the support!!!!!

The stadium looks nice! I would love to travel that direction and see a contest there sometime.

I am surprised to hear that a band from Nebraska would drive so far; however, maybe it's not so very far after all. I'm also a little curious as to why CTJ is headed up there when they could easily do DFW or Conroe along with coming to Austin of course. Obviously they will do extremely well there so perhaps it's for the guaranteed win? That would certainly be a morale booster for them late in the season. But you are right, it will be a real treat for the other band students there and their parents as well.

I had forgotten that Seguin had done that for the Rockport band. It definitely brought tears to my eyes when I first heard that story. Good stuff right there. I hope they do extremely well in Midland.

Great job as usual, Daniel. I think you could have a career in this stuff. ;)

Yes, I am. It's a suburb in Nebraska's largest city, Omaha. I love it up there. The football atmosphere up there is amazing, and Omaha currently has the best zoo in the world, or at least second. The zoo is for sure the best in the U.S.

That's pretty cool. Sounds like you traded one great football/marching band area for another! Lucky you. :)

That's pretty cool. Sounds like you traded one great football/marching band area for another! Lucky you. :)

Quick question, does your name happen to be Cindy. I saw some comments on a popular video site that had the name Cindy B. in it and the personality fits yours. One if the comments also resembled one of the ones you made on here. It just seemed a little fishy lol.

Quick question, does your name happen to be Cindy. I saw some comments on a popular video site that had the name Cindy B. in it and the personality fits yours. One if the comments also resembled one of the ones you made on here. It just seemed a little fishy lol.

Oh my goodness, I thought the same thing but wasn't going to say anything!

Well now I know how much you love flomo lol, and I really hope my parents allow me to go to SA finals because I have never seen any of these bands live.

Y'all are going to have to do what you are doing to LKendrick and duck tape me to the seat lol. I will probably loose my mind during every show and cry during flomo, hebron, vandy, and Leander's shows. They are all so amazing!

The stadium looks nice! I would love to travel that direction and see a contest there sometime.

I am surprised to hear that a band from Nebraska would drive so far; however, maybe it's not so very far after all. I'm also a little curious as to why CTJ is headed up there when they could easily do DFW or Conroe along with coming to Austin of course. Obviously they will do extremely well there so perhaps it's for the guaranteed win? That would certainly be a morale booster for them late in the season. But you are right, it will be a real treat for the other band students there and their parents as well.

I had forgotten that Seguin had done that for the Rockport band. It definitely brought tears to my eyes when I first heard that story. Good stuff right there. I hope they do extremely well in Midland.

Great job as usual, Daniel. I think you could have a career in this stuff. ;)

I think CTJ did the same thing a few years ago when they went to McAllen for the first competition  - I don't think it is about a "win" - it is more about promoting their program and getting more programs to see what BOA is all about in hopes that they will then be drawn into the BOA Texas future events.

Love the story about Seguin - that is Texas Band at its finest

Heading out tomorrow for Midland - hope to see you all there

I think CTJ did the same thing a few years ago when they went to McAllen for the first competition - I don't think it is about a "win" - it is more about promoting their program and getting more programs to see what BOA is all about in hopes that they will then be drawn into the BOA Texas future events.

None better than CTJ to give that area a taste of how amazing, yet wildly unusual, high school marching band can be. Good for them. BOA ambassadors indeed!! :)

Have a safe trip!