Lonestar Preview 2017

I don't think clements has ever attended SA, or at least they haven't in quite some time. In general they don't compete in BOA very often but were Atlanta super regional finalists in 2015- if they were to go to nats they'd be pretty much locked into semi finals, depending on the depth of field and how strong a year they were having finals could be a possibility but I wouldn't call it "easy"

Schedule is out:

10:45 Conroe

11:00 Pasadena

11:15 Klein Cain

11:30 College Park

11:45 Oak Ridge

12:00 Brazoswood

12:15 Dawson

1:15 SFA

1:30 Cypress Creek

1:45 Klein

2:00 Brenham

2:15 Friendswood

2:30 Clear Brook

2:45 Klein Forest

3:15 Travis

3:30 North Shore

3:45 Dekaney

4:00 Klein Collins

4:15 Westfield

4:30 Cy-Fair

4:45 Willis

Thank you guys!

Wow! Oak Ridge’s performance was awesome. I wasn’t able to attend the competition but I was able to see the live feed performance on their twitter and I was so surprised by all the visuals and props they used, thy normally don’t use that much. If anyone is at the competition let us know the highlights and standout performances please!

This was a great contest and was fun to watch. Congratulations to Cy-Fair for taking home the win and 4A title, Friendswood for winning the 3A title, and Klein Cain for winning the 2A title. Thank you to all the bands that participated for showing us the fruits of their hard work.

Can you explain what the school prefixes "Cy" and "Klein" actually represent in the Houston area?

Can you explain what the school prefixes "Cy" and "Klein" actually represent in the Houston area?

Cityscapes nailed it. Cy-Fair is short for Cypress Fairbanks, which is also the name of the school district. What I don't know is the history as to why some schools have the city name always associated with them (the schools from Klein and Cypress being prime examples), and others not so much. Could be the names just sound better?