6A State Bands Video Megathread

Video of Reagan at Area finals

https://youtu.be/cnwY1i01Nx8

I just watched the video and as is mostly the case with videos, it just doesn't begin to capture the quality of the performance. I can see how it may seem somewhat unimpressive, but it was anything but that and was very exciting. Visually and sonically it was an awesome experience. One of my favorite moments visually was at 6:12 when the color guard & dance team's costumes change from pink and blue to that bright yellow. It is absolutely stunning when it happens right in front of you and dominating your view.

I just watched the video and as is mostly the case with videos, it just doesn't begin to capture the quality of the performance. I can see how it may seem somewhat unimpressive, but it was anything but that and was very exciting. Visually and sonically it was an awesome experience. One of my favorite moments visually was at 6:12 when the color guard & dance team's costumes change from pink and blue to that bright yellow. It is absolutely stunning when it happens right in front of you and dominating your view.

Really? I feel like this is the greatest execution from Reagan I've seen. I can't wait to see it in person.

in all about 350 including pit, guard etc.

350 isn't uncommon to have in your entire band (well I mean it is uncommon, but I can name quite a few that have it) but it is rare to have that many on the field.  Cy-Fair has 330-360 (don't have exact numbers atm), but they use a Varsity/JV setup, where they march about 240 on-field and the remaining 100+ are in the JV group.

Everyone knows Allen and their 800 or however many members, but I'm kind of curious who the 2nd largest HS band is....Are there other bands with more than 400 out there enrolled in marching band 9-12?

Vista along with Leander have to be the smallest 6A schools in the state and we amazing with our small but peppy bands :-)  I think both schools are over the minimum by like 50 kids.   I love that our districts ex-5A bands are representing so well in 6A.    Heck my kid got to go to state 3 out of 4 years, not many kids get a chance to do that (Vista and Vandegrift as Leander missed state by one place 4 years ago if I remember correctly)

Well, this worked for the show designer thread, why not try it here? I'm curious as to the membership sizes of the following bands:

North Shore
The Woodlands
Duncanville
Lewisville
Klein Oak

Each of these High Schools have over 4,000 students and are among the Top 15 largest High Schools in Texas addition to having a succesful band culture.  Not just field marchers, total 9-12 band membership.

Well, this worked for the show designer thread, why not try it here? I'm curious as to the membership sizes of the following bands:

North Shore

The Woodlands

Duncanville

Lewisville

Klein Oak

Each of these High Schools have over 4,000 students and are among the Top 15 largest High Schools in Texas addition to having a succesful band culture.  Not just field marchers, total 9-12 band membership.

By Lewisville, I assume you want Hebron, Marcus and Flower mound separately? Or Lewisville HS?

Also can we add the following schools to this list:

Keller

Coppell

LD Bell

North Shore

The Woodlands

Duncanville

Lewisville

Klein Oak

I don't know about any of the other schools, but as someone that goes to Duncanville, we have 450-500 members in our band.

I'm not a fan of Reagan this year. The entire show is just soloists playing or their singer singing, and when the band does play they stand still. It's just not at the same difficulty as a lot of other bands out there, but they still receive high scores for it.

I mean, they were really good and only got 6th. So maybe th judges took that into consideration.

• 1 month later...