joshua

break

crowley

the colony

rl turner

sherman

mckinney north

timberview

And who are your 4 favorites to advance to state?

Mine are(random order):

Wakeland

Birdville

Aledo

Newman Smith

Edited by JustAddWat3r

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joshua, Crowley and McKinney are probably in contention for finals spots as well as those bingogooberman listed. It will be a really interesting contest with tons of potential upsets.

I firmly believe they need to split this area. There are too many good bands here that deserve to make state and could easily compete at the state level, but won't get the chance because of how close the competition is.

Agreed. They should really dissolve Region 25 and put Plano back in Region 24 and the rest of them back with Region 3 in Area C. This would only get rid of Sherman and the McKinney schools on the 4A front, but it would even things out a bit.

Edited by Donezo

My Finals Predictions:

1. Newman Smith (yes i know, i'm biased)

2. Wakeland

3. Aledo

4. Birdville

5. Sherman

6. Legacy

7. The Colony

8. Centennial

9. Southwest

10. Timberview

i totally understand i probably would have put my band first :D so i have no objections with that, and besides i agree u guys are very strong, and its kinda hard to imagine a 4A state year w/o sherman but that looks like it legitmately might happen this year

Joshua for sure yes, but I'm not entirely sure about McKinney.... They are a strong program, but have had issues lately, and actually didn't even make Area last state year...

Having seen them this year I think they are definitely in the running for one of the lower finals slots. '07 was an anomaly for them. They're a longshot to advance though.

I firmly believe they need to split this area. There are too many good bands here that deserve to make state and could easily compete at the state level, but won't get the chance because of how close the competition is.

Interesting. I have a whole theory on realigning the state to fix the Metroplex. (Take greater San Antonio out of Area G and add it to D, add the northernmost region of D to B, move Region 25 to C). It would help balance out the 5As, mostly (3 from Area C v. 7 from G?), but might help 4A as well.

Split this area? It's nothing compared to 5A area D where at least 12 bands deserve to be in finals and would prove as formidable competition at the state level.

Seriously, think about the bands in Area B 4A that could easily advance to state and possibly place in the top 10 if they were moved to another area.... It'd totally change the atmosphere at the state level.

And it's going to hafta happen soon. Frisco ISD is going to have 6 4A bands next year, all of which could contend at Area. The district plans to have 8 4A high schools by 2012....

Seriously, think about the bands in Area B 4A that could easily advance to state and possibly place in the top 10 if they were moved to another area.... It'd totally change the atmosphere at the state level.

And it's going to hafta happen soon. Frisco ISD is going to have 6 4A bands next year, all of which could contend at Area. The district plans to have 8 4A high schools by 2012....

Is there any particular reason that Frisco wants to keep their high schools 4A?

Personally from past experience, I'd be watching McKinney North as well. they lost a lot of people to Boyd when it opened, but they still have a fairly decent program there.

honestly i think that some of the bands need to watchout for frisco high they have been a strong competitor this year even with the past issues with directors

after dr. trent left in '06 they switched directors for the next 3 years with first hazzard now with creekview and ringel now with mckinney. yeah that program was really taking a hit for a while

yes but in your opinion how have they done considering that they got 6th in the last contest they went to and they still were up against large 5a bands

they were good enough to get to finals and the beat some of the bands

Frisco High has gone through I think nearly 5 directors in the past 3 years (including assistants/percussion directors).

Frisco ISD feels personally that 4A schools give the optimal balance of competitive edge, while maintaining a close nit feel in the schools.

i think its retarded if we have mega schools like plano we can be awesome in EVERYTHING. I mean even in 5A the talent level in frisco can compete with anyone

yes but in your opinion how have they done considering that they got 6th in the last contest they went to and they still were up against large 5a bands

they were good enough to get to finals and the beat some of the bands

i agree they are drastically improved which is great for the district, and while they did well idk yet, but i think u (i'm assuming u go there) can maybe sneak into finals