[Major Event] UIL State Contest

LOL 10?? Bell last in music?? yowza. I cant wait to see the full ordinals. They did go on first so it makes some sense...wait...no it just doesn't haha. Congrats to Marcus

Two things tell me by those numbers.

1. They got a silver with a score of 21?

2. The judges' rankings were ALL over the place.

I am foreshadowing something.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure they are, he has good, reliable sources and wouldn't post it unless he was very sure of it.

LOL @ UIL

Yeah, I realized who posted it after I made my post. I was just thinking about how inconsistent UIL seems to be at every contest and then I read that post about Bell's scores. How fitting.

From what I hear the judging for Marcus was the only consistent thing. I hear they got a 1 1 2 2 2

The rest of the placements just dont make any sense at all. Its going to be very very interesting when they release the actual finals recaps.

10 bucks says it was gordon henderson that put bell in 10th...

Anyone know any of the prelim results?

i heard berkner was 11, brazoswood 12, and langham creek 13, cyfalls 16, clements 23. (this is just what ive heard, i dont know if its 100% correct)

this was a rough year for my band. Langham missed BOA SA finals by .15 (AGAIN), and missed state finals (for the first time in foreverrr) by 3 places. Ah, that was one depressing bus ride home.

i heard berkner was 11, brazoswood 12, and langham creek 13, cyfalls 16, clements 23. (this is just what ive heard, i dont know if its 100% correct)

this was a rough year for my band. Langham missed BOA SA finals by .15 (AGAIN), and missed state finals (for the first time in foreverrr) by 3 places. Ah, that was one depressing bus ride home.

i heard that spring was 12th...

finishing top out of the bands in our area.

thats just what i heard from our band directors though.

edit: woo! i knew marcus could pull it off!!!

i REALLY wish we could have stayed to watch yall

in finals though.

Edited by AverageMarcher

i heard that spring was 12th...

finishing top out of the bands in our area.

thats just what i heard from our band directors though.

ooh my bad. Your probably right, everything gets mixed up when all your info is comming in from random people via text message on a charter bus, lol.

So anyone notice how no Houston bands made finals this year? I mean, i know my band had an off prelims performance, but for no other houston area-ish bands to place in finals? My director told our band, after looking at our scores, that what kept us out of finals was spacing, which would have been fixed had we had the time to clean (which we had much less time to do since we had to rush and catch up learning our show after Ike). I mean, if my band had this problem, im sure all the other houston area bands had the same type of issues too. It makes me curious as to how the contest might have been different had all the houston bands not been put at such a disadvantage going into a state year.

Marcus 1 1 2 2 2 8

LD Bell 3 2 10 5 1 21

Coppell 2 8 6 3 4 23

Cedar Park 5 6 7 4 3 25

Bowie 6 3 8 1 8 26

Duncanville 4 10 1 6 6 27

Richland 7 5 3 8 5 28

Churchill 8 4 5 10 10 37

Westlake 10 7 4 9 9 39

Hebron 9 9 9 7 7 41

I'm so happy Hebron made its first ever state finals! Oh, and the judging at finals was terrible. Bell with a 10, 3, 2. Duncanville, a 10, 1. Coppell with a 2, 8. That's just ridiculous.

Edited by itsstephenyo

After seeing all the hard work and dedication it takes to participate in marching band, all the bands that make it to the state level deserve extreme congratulations.

The competition in Texas is top notch and no matter the results, they are all "The Best"

I heartily agree. I believe that the judging system for UIL is so scattered because there are just SO MANY GOOD BANDS just placed in front. I personally think it would be extremely difficult to have to give scores and then rank bands like these.

Either ways, congratulations to EVERYONE who participated yesterday, we all deserve to be champions.

Also, GO COPPELL!

I'm really upset that marcus won over ld bell. i definitely think ld bell has WAY better music. marcus had a better show, entertainment wise, but this is not a marching play- it should be a marching band. although entertaing, you hardly notice marcus' music at all. also, am i the only one who thinks its INSANE to spend $84,000 on props???

On a happier note, YEA COPPELL!!!!

Man oh man. The one thing about Hebron is... we always do so much worse in finals than in prelims! For example... this year at BOA SA we went from 6th to 8th. At UIL State we went from 7th to 10th. I hope the kids that take over in the next couple of years can reverse our curse. I can really see us going far in years to come.

Since I completely disagree with Coppell's placement, I'll just go ahead and say that I agree with the top 2. Marcus had a phenomenal finals performance, while Bell's was just a bit ho-hum for me personally. And how lame would it be if Bell dominated EVERYTHING!? I'm glad that they each got their moments to shine.

Can someone explain to me what Cedar Park's show is about? I'm still confused. All I remember is the fortissississississimo park-and-barks and the slow-paced ballad. I know it's called On Edge, but... of what? Insanity? It just didn't actually have a theme to me. No props, either.

CPs show is about badassery. There is no theme except awesome. =D

Says the person from Cedar Park.

I will admit your show held my attention, which is more than I can say for a LOT of the bands that performed in the finals. But marching band isn't really just about marching and playing all the time. Sometimes it's nice to tell a story.

Although I understand why you guys did well at state. You march and play very well. But I thought BOA would have knocked you down a few pegs, since they're so effects-oriented.

Either way, congratulations.