[Major Event] UIL State Contest

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure that he/she meant that its the best we've had in the recent years.

yeah, i agree, i think it was meant the best most recently, of course the the 93 show is hard to beat, but compared to the last decade of shows this show is very high energy, and hopefully the judges and audience will be entertained and awwed and spring can have a comeback. But who knows wut the future will hold, Nothing is written in stone until it happens.

Official announcement from a band director at The Woodlands:

This morning, at 8:15am, during a chance parent-teacher conference with a counselor, the head director of The Woodlands Band learned that the band, unknowingly, marched one ineligible student at the UIL Region and Area Marching Contests last month. The band had other ineligible students during that time but they did not march at these contests. The one student with an ineligible grade marched unbeknownst to the directors and was a situation that simply fell through the cracks.

After learning this information, realizing that this was an infraction of the UIL rules, the head director immediately contacted The Woodlands Principal who then contacted UIL. At 9:00am, UIL disqualified The Woodlands band from marching in the Texas State Marching Band Contest.

Obviously, this horrible and unexpected news is devastating for the entire band, the parents and the directors.

Wow. I'm really in shock. This is the second time this season that an established program has gotten tripped up over a technicality. What is going on?

Very sad to hear. I hope we can get more information on this. I wonder if North Shore has been called up to replace The Woodlands at State tomorrow.

I want to post a copy of my TxBLive Blog post about Alec Gramman and the LBJ HS Marching Band here in order to make sure that everyone can read about them and their amazing situation:

Alec Gramann and the LBJ HS Marching Band - One - Alec Gramman (Drum Major) was diagnosed with cancer and was granted one heartfelt wish from the Make A Wish Foundation. His wish was for he and his band to be able to perform at the State Marching Contest.

And boy are they playing! They sound amazing and look really good too. They have such a great full powerful sound and are just blowing the crowd away with their power and beauty. The drum major trombone solo to enter the ballad of "All the People" was absolutely gorgeous!

This whole show is just extremely moving and then you add on what it really means and it gets even better! This is what marching band is all about. The family. The camaraderie. The love for so many people coming together as if they were One.

UIL 3A State Prelims Results:

1 Argyle HS, Argyle

2 Rio Hondo HS, Rio Hondo

3 Princeton HS, Princeton

4 Atlanta HS, Atlanta

5 Canton HS, Canton

6 Burnet HS, Burnet

7 New Boston H S, New Boston

8 Port Isabel HS, Port Isabel

9 North Lamar H S, Paris

10 Wills Point HS, Wills Point

11 Fredericksburg H S, Fredericksburg