Best Rising Bands in the State

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fossil ridge will be 5A next year so we get the chance to go to state 2 years in a row. :) im exciteddd

woo man. Realignment next week will put some of you guys right up in the threat for 5A state.

In the case of Fossil Ridge, they turned in 2145...the way I am looking at from several sources...thats awfully close.

We will see February 1st.

I will post realignments...if I skip school for this...at 9 AM

Edited by sax5warrior

As I recall (from reading the releases of conferences every year), as well as my dad's recollection (did texas high school band for one year in the mid-'70s pre-boarding school), UIL usually defines the conferences so that the largest 4A school in the state is Highland Park; any schools larger are 5A.

So...anyone have attendance data for the Area D schools and Highland Park?

UIL basing thier class sizes off of one school is kind of rediculous, the real way they decide is

Conference AAAAA should consist of a minimum of 220 schools and a maximum of 245 schools participating

in football (depending on how many new schools there are next alignment period); Conferences AA through

AAAA should consist of a number of schools such that the enrollment ratio in grades 9-12 between the largest

school and the smallest school is approximately 2.0. There should be at least 200 schools each in Conferences

AA and AAAA. Conference A shall consist of all schools that are not in Conferences AA-AAAAA.

(as posted by the University Scholastic League)

Oh, and Connally is about 30 students under the old 5A cutoff, so everybody in our school is praying that the minimum number of students for 5A raises.

I was mostly kidding about the Highland Park thing...it's just that, for something like 20 years or so, the largest or second-largest school in 4A did end up being Highland Park...enough so that it was almost a layman's rule of thumb to find the cutoff for 5A by adding two to Highland Park's attendance (key word there being ALMOST

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

And I think we have our first Watch Out post of the season...Awesome.

Stay tuned for my first Boom, Outta Here post of the season. It'll probably come in the Area thread in late October, as that is the point in the season when kids lose their minds and start talking about how great they think they are.

Stay tuned for my first Boom, Outta Here post of the season.

LOL

well watch out for any band really!

just saying.

we got alternate last state year.

and we're not letting that happen again

Stay tuned for my first Boom, Outta Here post of the season. It'll probably come in the Area thread in late October, as that is the point in the season when kids lose their minds and start talking about how great they think they are.

Haha, I seriously laughed when I read that.

That is the time when it starts getting really interesting.

They should have biannual UIL State Marching Contests. You could have that year round. ^_^

• 1 month later...
anyways, not to be a "home-er" but rowlett has been a really young band for the last couple of years, last year 3/4th of the band were underclassmen, they didnt do too bad for themselves. they have an extreamly strong and big junior class (this year). i wont be suprised to see them in finals next year at state...

i agree 110%

not to mention we (rowlett) got 5th in State Honors band recently. If we can

transfer that musicality to marching, we could totally COMPETE in state finals.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Legacy will eventually get near the top.

It seems all the Mansfield schools are slowly climbing up.

It's a shame they're in such a tough area though.

No offense to any other areas of course, just saying if they were in another i'm one of them would advance.