Best Rising Bands in the State

Lol

*On topic:

I hope GeorgeTown continues at the rate they're going.

Thanks ! We really have improved so much in the past 2 years. Even though im in the pit, I know we are marching a LOT better, and playing with better sound, and just overall becoming a better band.

What do you think of us, that makes you hope that?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel Clear Brook and Hendrickson and Vista Ridge. I have heard people say Akins? eh...

I got to agree with Vista having a good shot in five A, but as it's gonna be their first year it may take a while to get used to it.

And as for Akins.................

we'll see

Actualgirltrombone concurs =))

I got to agree with Vista having a good shot in five A, but as it's gonna be their first year it may take a while to get used to it.

Area D took five bands to State in 2006, four of which made State Finals. It is definitely one of the hardest State Qualifying Groups to crack. However, if we've learned anything from this past year, it is that on Any Given Saturday, a hungry band can come up and throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing. It should be a very exciting year, as always!

Thanks ! We really have improved so much in the past 2 years. Even though im in the pit, I know we are marching a LOT better, and playing with better sound, and just overall becoming a better band.

What do you think of us, that makes you hope that?

I think you guys rock out, with your c...... whoa whoa whoa take it easy. Settle down there urkadrums. ;]

I think you guys are good. :D

Y'all bring it.

I wanna see you guys do really well and continue to kickarse. So make me and everyone in the band world a promise? On your way to the top, always stay hungry, and don't forget where you came from and who helped get you there. Stay cool.

see ya!

Edited by BassoonPadwan

I think you guys rock out, with your c...... whoa whoa whoa take it easy. Settle down there urkadrums. ;]

I think you guys are good. :D

Y'all bring it.

I wanna see you guys do really well and continue to kickarse. So make me and everyone in the band world a promise? On your way to the top, always stay hungry, and don't forget where you came from and who helped get you there. Stay cool.

see ya!

lol. im settled! you're the one that's about to say dirty stuff haha

but thanks !

Okay. Band world, I promise to always stay hungry and to never forget that I came from little ol' Georgetown and that there were quite a bit of people that helped bring me to the top lol.

i pinky swear :D

When do they even find out?

According to the UIL Constitution:

Before May 1 of each even numbered year, the UIL shall establish conferences for League contests and assign

each participant school and charter school wishing to compete in League activities to an appropriate district. These

conferences and districts shall be maintained for the next two school years.

The Conferences are assigned on May 1 but the numbers used to establish those conferences are from the enrollment numbers in October. Therefore, bands like Hendrickson and Vista Ridge can perform in the 4A State Contest in 2007 and be allowed to perform in the 5A State Contest in 2008.

According to the UIL Constitution:

Before May 1 of each even numbered year, the UIL shall establish conferences for League contests and assign

each participant school and charter school wishing to compete in League activities to an appropriate district. These

conferences and districts shall be maintained for the next two school years.

The Conferences are assigned on May 1 but the numbers used to establish those conferences are from the enrollment numbers in October. Therefore, bands like Hendrickson and Vista Ridge can perform in the 4A State Contest in 2007 and be allowed to perform in the 5A State Contest in 2008.

Awesome. Thanks Danpod!

You're super lucky if you get the opportunity to qualify for State two years in a row.

When I was in high school, I only had ONE opportunity to qualify for State. We were a 5A school during my freshman year of high school (1999). Obviously, we couldn't go to State in '99 because that was a 4A year. UIL realigned the classes in 2000 and we were bumped down to Class 4A for 2000 and beyond. 2000 was a 5A State year (we were moved down to 4A), 2001 was 4A (our only chance to qualify for State, and 2002 was a 5A State year.

You're super lucky if you have the opportunity to qualify for State two years in a row.

When I was in high school, I only had ONE opportunity to qualify for State. We were a 5A school during my freshman year of high school (1999). Obviously, we couldn't go to State in '99 because that was a 4A year. UIL realigned the classes in 2000 and we were bumped down to Class 4A for 2000 and beyond. 2000 was a 5A State year (we were moved down to 4A), 2001 was 4A (our only chance to qualify for State, and 2002 was a 5A State year.

wow. That's really weird. Did y'all make it that year?

wow. That's really weird. Did y'all make it that year?

Nope, we missed by one spot. We were in Area F and Friendswood, Santa Fe, and Dickinson were the three that advanced from F that year. That was probably the funnest year of marching band I had in high school though with all the BOA's, USSBA's, UIL's, and etc.

Nope, we missed by one spot. We were in Area F and Friendswood, Santa Fe, and Dickinson were the three that advanced from F that year. That was probably the funnest year of marching band I had in high school though with all the BOA's, USSBA's, UIL's, and etc.

Oh dang. That sucks. But I get what you mean. Last year we were first alternate to state. But man that year was my favorite year out of all the one's i have had so far. I love State years. "]

• 3 weeks later...
You're super lucky if you get the opportunity to qualify for State two years in a row.

fossil ridge will be 5A next year so we get the chance to go to state 2 years in a row. :) im exciteddd