Centennial Marching Festival

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i second defunctsim. thats why i took the early shift. (ben, you do mean the first shift right?)

Yes, I do mean the first shift. That way, no matter what I get, I can enjoy the later ones, as I'm sure you realized too. But if I get a good job that lets me see the shows during the day, I'll probably work longer if they want me to... or even don't mind.

I havn't seen Sherman but I hear they are balanced, but not very good at a FF level. I also hear that they don't use the feild well. They did get second in marching at area behid Aledo :P . We (Aledo) are work our tails off and are focused on two things, Getting top 5 at state, and Beating Sherman this year. So watch out Aledo is coming after you in a very sportsmanship kind of way!

I havn't seen Sherman but I hear they are balanced, but not very good at a FF level. I also hear that they don't use the feild well. They did get second in marching at area behid Aledo :P . We (Aledo) are work our tails off and are focused on two things, Getting top 5 at state, and Beating Sherman this year. So watch out Aledo is coming after you in a very sportsmanship kind of way!

I doubt those were really your top goals. lol. Our main goal was "mission: whatever it takes" which didn't mean whatever it took to get to state, but it meant whatever it took to do the best we could do. For me, it was "mission: no regrets" which is just to leave the field not wondering if I could've done better.

This week our goals have been top 5 at state and beating sherman. Because SHerman is a great band that got away from us by the skin of there teeth. We have made alot of changes this week and have a very aggressive mind set, that noone can touch us if we all do our best. We want it all but I am a realistic senior and know that top 5 is almost a non realistic goal.

IThey did get second in marching at area behid Aledo :P .

One marching judge at area gave us 1st and the other gave us 6th because he was very familiar with our show and had a pretty good idea of where to look.

If you want to interpret that as beating us in marching, then go ahead...

But don't get too cocky now.

I'm your band's guide at the contest tomorrow!

Yah, let's watch the cockiness as well. Yah, Aledo's great, but I'll 2nd what Gracelyd33 said in that A LOT of band have changed A LOT of things in their show. We are another one as well, but this time I'll keep it secret. =]

Do you know who our guide will be. We are really excited. We hope to do well, and oh yeah watch for our big circle in the parking lot before we move to our rehersal. We have a tradition of everyone getting in a big circle hands crossed with everyone and pray. It's pretty cool, and I am so going to try to catch Dripping Springs show after ours b/c I know I'll miss the Sherman one, but I'll probably catch them in finals so no worries. The funny thing about Dripping Springs is the ride to Frisco is way longer than the one to San Antonio for them

In no way am I wanting to come off cocky I'm sorry about that (emotions are hard to pick up on, on a website fourm.) But if you put up a high goal and get close to reaching it, you are already way past that goal you think you acually can acheive. If that makes any sense to anyone other than myself. But any way Aledo is still under the radar for the most part, we are not a big name like Sheman. This is only our 2nd time at state in 4A. Oh and I wish luck to all the bands tomorrow, and I hope they do their best. I also have a question to all the bands going to state. Are any of ya'll going to and indoor stadium to pratice and get the feel? Our directors are doing it on monday on the way to San Antonio. Still want to see Sherman's show though.

Ummm... we did exhibition at 10 so uhh... results didn't get announced till like... 1030...

1st: PESH

2nd: Dripping Springs

The rest I don't remember exactly (I was changing out of pants for the most of it).

Finals:

PESH, Dripping Springs, Aledo, Sherman, PSH, Wakeland, Allen, Arlington Martin, The Colony, Mansfield (I think that's it?)

Umm... I remember being really surprised when I heard the prelims/finals results (Sherman placed a lot lower than most of us expected... and honestly, I liked the shows... both of them).

I guided Lake Dallas, Sherman (x2... I'm really sorry that you guys had such a mixup in finals), and PESH.

I met pretty much all the Sherman people on here, and I have to say... I love you guys. :) I felt very immersed in the Sherman-osity.

the colony was really strong today getting 2nd in prelims and 3rd in finals, also dripping springs they are going to make some serious noise on Tuesday, boy will it be fun

Oh my God. I didn't even notice The Colony. Sherman definitely didn't do as well as I had expected.

4 of the 10 bands are going to state on Tuesday, 5 of them are really strong 5A bands, and then you have us a 3A school that has about 85 percent freshman and sophomore compared to like Plano Senior and East which is all juniors and seniors, and even though we did not do as well in finals as in prelims we were lucky enough to move up one spot and we went crazy over it

as someone who has been around marching for 4 yrs, and saw every band there in prelims(i go to centennial), i strongly disagreed with many judging decisions. it seemed like i was watching a different competition. but i guess thats how the cookie crumbles.

also, i would like to apologize to sherman and aledo for the warm-up mix up during finals. one person's mistake led to that and we did our best to patch things up. once again, sry about the mix up

Umm... I remember being really surprised when I heard the prelims/finals results (Sherman placed a lot lower than most of us expected... and honestly, I liked the shows... both of them).

I guided Lake Dallas, Sherman (x2... I'm really sorry that you guys had such a mixup in finals), and PESH.

I met pretty much all the Sherman people on here, and I have to say... I love you guys. :) I felt very immersed in the Sherman-osity.

It was cool to meet some people on here. I didn't get to meet Borchnork, but im pretty sure I saw him in passing.

And it kinda sucked that the finals warmups were all mixed up. And also that whole "Not Sherman, Dripping Springs" mixup is unacceptable to me.

I honestly believe that Sherman deserved 8th in prelims, because we just had a bad show.

Its only a shame that judges that judge both prelims and finals don't like moving bands up more than a few ranks for finals.

But this was a very humbling experience for Sherman. I enjoyed it.