Centennial Marching Festival

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are those other 3 bands really awesome?

Or did you improve alot after a week?

Also, did yall expect to make 2nd at CMF?

there are a lot of bands at Area D that are awesome..but yeah, connally and hendrickson have always been good. two years ago i kinda expected us to go with them to state but that's not what the judges thought..so whatever haha. vista ridge is also pretty good, although i kinda thought we should've beat them at area...but then again i didnt get a chance to see their show so i dont really know how we compare to them. But yeah, i can honestly say that these bands are all really good. We did, however, also do alot better in finals at centennial then we did at area, so i guess we have impoved this week which is good...for us anyway.. i just hope we continue to improve the next two days into state :)

My prediction for centennial was that we'd break the top 4 but i had no clue that we'd get second. We had a very strong performance in finals that everyone was proud of and i'm glad that the judges liked it too.

I don't want to rag on you guys, but yeah, I wasn't impressed with the prelims performance either. But I could definately tell the potential in how good the show could be. Too bad I didn't see the finals performance, but I bet it would have rocked way over Aledo at the very least (no offense to Aledo, but I made my post on that earlier).

Those are some harsh words. haha! But, I respect what you got to say. I think you should watch were sheman marches (nothing against them they have a great show!) they use a small portion of the feild. I move from endzone to endzone in our show, and I'm not kidding. Teh lines are a major problem and its is very dirty some times I will give you that haha. Oh and by the way the bass gitar doesn't play the wind band part it only plays cords with the keyboard. But, hey you have the right to your thoughts. My directors and the sherman dirctors did talk to each other after the contest (only because we were so freaking close together and had NO room.) We both thought that the judgeing was a little off. Our scores were extremely spread from judge to judge but whateva. Also the whole warm-up thing got our directors hot under the collar, but the didn't care too much because Allen had to be placed some where they could fit, but whateva. See you guys at state and good luck!

First off, thank you for reading my friggin' long post! And yeah, I realize how harsh my words were after re-reading it and I'm really glad you didn't take so much offense in it that you reposted screaming about something. That's a really cool thing to do and it represents your band very well. Also, I should have mentioned that the drill looked quite difficult, especially when you go to the corner of the field (I think that was you guys... I hope). It was pretty well executed for how difficult it seemed. Oh, and I'm sure everyone from Aledo and Sherman has gotten their ear full of apollogies for the whole warm-up mistake, but I'd like to repeat how sorry we were that all that happened and we hope it didn't ruin your show. Good luck at state!

I don't want to rag on you guys, but yeah, I wasn't impressed with the prelims performance either. But I could definately tell the potential in how good the show could be. Too bad I didn't see the finals performance, but I bet it would have rocked way over Aledo at the very least (no offense to Aledo, but I made my post on that earlier).

If you ever want to warn your band or section about not becoming over-confident, just use Sherman as an example. We lost the passion our show requires, and that was reflected in our rankings. Luckily, we will get one more chance to redeem ourselves.

To start off, being from Sherman, our prelims performance was NOT our best. Our finals was really good, but I think that judges combinded the two scores from prelims and finals to come with the finals placement. We got 7th! Sherman always gets 7th at weird competitions, but at UIL stuff, like Region and Area, we do really good in the placement.

Yah, I was told about the lack of practice thing from your director. he was pretty nervous about it, But I still think you guys looked and sounded really good.

I liked the show a lot as well. Daniel Montoya, if you read this eventually, your music was done great justice. =]

Thanks! I am glad the band has done so well this year! Congrats to everyone on their competition on Saturday.

Well... the way I heard it 'round the ol' Sherman pit truck was that they were missing a 1st trumpet/section leader and a baritone/section leader so that might've affected it a bit. Imagine last year missing RK.... well you don't have to imagine it because it happened. It affected our sound.

It was way mondo better in finals though.

But question..

Did you see prelims or finals?

If prelims..

we aren't usually that bad,

Y'all performed just before us in prelims, I think? So we only caught your show from the side waiting our turn on the field. We could hear y'all, but couldn't see the effect like the judges could.

I remember walking past your drum majors thinking, "Wow, another maroon and gold band!" LOL

We didn't catch the finals show, or at least I didn't. Most of the band was snacking/resting. Hopefully, we'll be able to watch more at State. I think y'all also perform before us at State, so we probably won't see y'all unless, if we both make finals, you perform after us, or if we fail to make finals, we'll be staying to watch finals.

I wish everyone luck and an awesome time at State. Sounds like there will be some serious competition there, and that's exciting!