Centennial Marching Festival

Ok, so by the end of the day, I guided Wakeland, The Colony, Mansfield Timberview and Plano Senior.

First off, Timberview kids, I love your director and everything he did with you. I was your guide during prelims, and he was very nice, very respectful and I was SHOCKED at the way you sounded. You are half the size of Plane Senior and you made the same level of volume in the music and made it sound just as pure. I loved your show! It was disappointing to hear you move down at finals, but you should be proud of yourselves no matter what!

Oh, and they performed last because they arrived an hour late. I'm not quite sure about the full details so yah...

Wakeland, great job! I honestly hadn't seen you placing higher than 10th going in, so to move up to the 9th place spot is really good! The only 3A band to be in finals is quite an accomplishment.

and Plano Senior, I don't think any of those kids are on here, but you shocked me as well. I had never seen Senior high (just west and east) but your volume, style and just everything about it was amazing. Your directors finals speech was extremely motivational, and it actually worked on motivating ME even though it was directed towards you guys.

and The percussion judge is actually OUR percussion director. Or at least one of them is/was.

Sherman AND Aledo, another apology from us about the warm-up mix up during finals. I know your directors were both fuming, but we did the best we could after one individual made a mistake. To all the other bands who went after those two, thank you for understanding the added 10 minute delay.

We haven't practiced since UIL (Which is partly the director's fault but we still should have done better) and the electronics were tampered with which made one of the synthesizer uber duber loud and fuzzy...Some of the marching stuff was bad, spacing, blatty sounds...all in all I heard and seen us perform much better and it didn't help that during prelims whichever band that was in the all black sitting in the lower left corner of the(from performer's view) yelled "Boo get off the field" and that after the final results were read someone from the Allen band yelled to us as we walked by "Haha you lost" I was so agitated I was going punch him in the face if I saw him again...and then we met a lot of weird...Like we have this black saxophonist named Vince and a trombonist named Joefil and they went to go get concessions and they saw these Aledo I think they were guard girls and they were all acting weird around Vince say stuff like "I love black people..." and all that mess and Joefil asked how many black people do you have in your band and she said emphatically "THREE!" that so freaking funny and there was this one girl that passed by our pit and she was all like "Oooh they are in scrubs, what is the theme of your show?" and one of the guys in pit said "Asylum, the place where all the crazy people go" and she was like "Oh cool I think my friend went there" and she just walked away...XD

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, I was told about the lack of practice thing from your director. he was pretty nervous about it, But I still think you guys looked and sounded really good.

I liked the show a lot as well. Daniel Montoya, if you read this eventually, your music was done great justice. =]

Were you the chick that was standing next to do the do that said "I just want to pick up their drums and start playing"? Yeah we didn't even see him when we got back to school he got into his 'stang and drove off...I think we should have practiced...Do you have the full results from prelims and finals because I heard in prelims one judge had us 2nd and the other 11th? :S

no actually, I'm the guy who was with the girl. She's the other flute section leader though.

and full results aren't up yet.

the website though is:

http://www.centennialband.com/CMF.htm

if you want to check for random updates.

I just wish we would have done better...Because 4 years ago that was the first performance of this school's band was on that field and this year's seniors were all freshmen then and now they have their grand(or not so grand) finale...

Edited by thePIXELelement

defunct... I don't think anyone answered your question.

They got either lost or were running late or something went wrong. Their pit truck didn't show up until... 10 minutes into their warmup time, and their band arrived later. So, they put a break where their slot was and gave them enough (sort of) time to set up/warmup so they could still perform.

defunct... I don't think anyone answered your question.

They got either lost or were running late or something went wrong. Their pit truck didn't show up until... 10 minutes into their warmup time, and their band arrived later. So, they put a break where their slot was and gave them enough (sort of) time to set up/warmup so they could still perform.

Who us? We were waiting for some people to arrive from SAT(or was it ACT?) testing, which made us uber duber late...

Ah that would be the SAT testing. Also, Pixel, I'd have to agree with you. I had a fair share of not so welcome encounters at the competition as well.

It was annoying, I really wanted to deck the Allen kid...the whole "JK Sherman, it's Dripping Springs" was messed up on so many different levels...I hated the 4A State bound bands that were all like "We are going to state on Monday!?" in arrogant and pompous manner...I wish I could tell you how many times I heard that...

Thank you to Timberview for being as respectful as you guys were. I thought it was really great how you stood up for every band's placement during finals.

I'm sorry that you were not met with the same level of respect though.

The only other band I felt really exemplified good sportsmanship was Wakeland. The other bands were either gripping between cross town rivals or commenting about who's going to dominate the other at state.

Thank you to Timberview for being as respectful as you guys were. I thought it was really great how you stood up for every band's placement during finals.

I'm sorry that you were not met with the same level of respect though.

The only other band I felt really exemplified good sportsmanship was Wakeland. The other bands were either gripping between cross town rivals or commenting about who's going to dominate the other at state.

Yeah none of the 4A bands were really focused on this competition to be honest, it was more of a way to see how they stack up against the other 4A bands, and you guys at Centennial... No not a single Centennial person said that...PSH and PESH were having a chanting contest after the Finals results were announced... so yeah disrespect was abundant esp. from someone at PSH who was throwing popcorn? Are we not in high school?

Oh well, next contest, now that I know what you look like, i'll be sure to say hello or something....Oh yeah a freshmen girl from sherman hit on one of tenor sax players and put her # in his phone...funniest crap ever...We were going to call her on the bus but he deleted her number...

Edited by thePIXELelement

im glad to hear that you didnt hear any centennial students talking about state or bragging or anything like that. we try to stay classy(and oftentimes we fail because of immaturity).

also, pixel, i was one of your band guides in finals. i was the guy. u probly dont remember me, me but, i was listening to what your director said about the judges, and ill have to admit, i kinda agree with him that the judging was a little off. i liked you guys show and thought u shoulda placed at least a little higher

so i have a question for you pixel, when you guys are about to perform i noticed that your director wanted high energy, he seemed to want the blood flowing(ie the desire to get caffeine in you guys, and your exaggerated mark time). how does that affect your performances? does it really help? just curious. it was an interesting warm up in my opinion