Centennial Marching Festival

I'm thinking wakeland or timberview will get be best Div. III.

As for Div. II... i dunno. It's gonna be tough. I'm gonna go with Sherman.

Div. I Is all speculation for me as I have not seen any of the big bands or heard much about their placements, but I'm going to guess Plano East or Allen. I know they have pretty solid marching institutions. Its too bad the colony is a div higher than the rest of the 4A contenders.

This competition is going to be really interesting for me. I'm looking forward to seeing Timberview (they beat us LE, but I didn't get a chance to watch them), Sherman, Dripping Springs, Frisco, and all of the 5A Bands. Also, it'll be really cool to see how much Aledo and The Colony have improved (even though it'll be after area).

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't big enough especially with Allen, PHP maybe??? even though that's not the best place for marching band

that's what I heard. Pizza hut park...

*my mom's on the board that's coordinating the contest*

What we would hafta do w/ memorial was have the bands that performed earlier sit on the visitors side of Memorial, and they wouldn't be allowed to sit in the home section. So PHP seems like the best option.

but I hear there's quite a bit of conflict...

I wish we could've gone to this. Our school is like dead poor though. I'm pretty sure we would win the award for smallest facility.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how Aledo and Sherman do. Mostly Aledo, though.

I officially hate you. But not really. Then again...

OT: So... Sherman is going to be there, I know that for a fact, because it's the only show I'm going to march this year because I failed at the six weeks and my director's messed up in the head and is letting a FISH keep my spot!

Also, is all this pizza talk what we are going to have after prelims?

I LOVED Allen's show last year. Especially when the "explosion" occurred. I saw it at least three times last year, it was great fun.

No I think she is mistaken.

No, I'm not. David Kohlman's dad owns it, I remember, because we were talking about it when the tuba/euph section went to ihop during the beginning of marching season.

Edit: And yeah... I guess that answers the other question which is... yeah... the freshman David, not "Zeus."

No, I'm not. David Kohlman's dad owns it, I remember, because we were talking about it when the tuba/euph section went to ihop during the beginning of marching season.

Edit: And yeah... I guess that answers the other question which is... yeah... the freshman David, not "Zeus."

Wait, so the guy owns "Double Dave's" and he named his kid "David." I still can't get over that, lol.