Centennial Marching Festival

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW:

East is going to take the contest. Easily, imho.

While I'm a big allen football supporter, I'm a big east band supporter (my cocky friend Eric from east is gone from these forums so I mostly have to take up the slack for him. Haha... plus east is just a really good band). I saw them at a game a few weeks ago, and oh my God... they've gotten SO much better this year.

Well although it was quite a ways back Sherman did place lower than Allen in PLano East (I think it was at PE), so unless Allen peaked at a very, very early time, it'll be a tough run for the 4a bands to beat the top 5a bands. Also, I have no idea how Martin will do. I've never seen them before and I'm excited to see how they do.

There are quite a few bands I want to see, and that's why I took the early shift! To list a few:

Wakeland (I've seen their video from LE, and it seemed pretty good, but I probably won't see it... too early :( )

Frisco (I want to see it from above now, not just sidelines... not happening either)

Sherman- I heard their ok... :P

Dripping Springs

Aledo

Allen- I saw it freshman or sophmore year... But I don't remember much, just that it's cool

Arlington Martin

Timberview- I wanna see what beat us at LE! Bet it's pretty cool

Plano Senior

The Colony

AND Plano East

It's gonna be a GREAT day!

There are quite a few bands I want to see, and that's why I took the early shift! To list a few:

Wakeland (I've seen their video from LE, and it seemed pretty good, but I probably won't see it... too early :( )

Frisco (I want to see it from above now, not just sidelines... not happening either)

Dripping Springs

Aledo

Allen- I saw it freshman or sophmore year... But I don't remember much, just that it's cool

Arlington Martin

Plano Senior

The Colony

AND Plano East

The last time I saw Ms. Hartenberger making the schedules, I was put as field monitor for both of my shifts (which is how I want it) so I'll probably get to see all the bands. Woot-ness. I'm hoping it didn't change.

Dripping Springs

Aledo

Arlington Martin

Plano Senior

The Colony

AND Plano East

Look for a band whose pit is in scrubs, and whose colorguard is in straight jacket like uniforms :D It's called "Asylum" it's an original arrangement by Daniel Montoya Jr. (Who is a member of these forums XD) front ensemble arrangement by Ben Scearce drill done by Todd Dixon (Ex-Summit and Current Wylie Band Director) featuring "You Have You Got It in You" by Imogen Heap, "Shadowplay" from Cirque Du Soleil's Ka, "Der Traum des Oenghus, Teil 2" by Rudin, "Mishima Opening" From "Mishima" by Glass, "Libera Me" from "Interview with a Vampire" by Goldenthal...

Look for a band whose pit is in scrubs, and whose colorguard is in straight jacket like uniforms :D It's called "Asylum" it's an original arrangement by Daniel Montoya Jr. (Who is a member of these forums XD) front ensemble arrangement by Ben Scearce drill done by Todd Dixon (Ex-Summit and Current Wylie Band Director) featuring "You Have You Got It in You" by Imogen Heap, "Shadowplay" from Cirque Du Soleil's Ka, "Der Traum des Oenghus, Teil 2" by Rudin, "Mishima Opening" From "Mishima" by Glass, "Libera Me" from "Interview with a Vampire" by Goldenthal...

OOoooooh I LOVE what the marching arts does with any Imogean Heap stuff. Band name?? I'm excited!!

Well although it was quite a ways back Sherman did place lower than Allen in PLano East (I think it was at PE), so unless Allen peaked at a very, very early time, it'll be a tough run for the 4a bands to beat the top 5a bands.

I don't think that it was the fact that Allen peaked early, it was the fact that we peaked late. We are marching an exceptionally hard show this year, which required a lot of extra effort for us to get down. Now, however, I am sure we will come in a good spot on Saturday.

oh you guys can probably see us b/c our new performance time is right after the lunch break at 1:30, so hopefully you can sneak in and watch, and that LE show was bad, we're not going to let that happen, and we will make finals

well also hopefully.. i get to be ya'lls runner... hopefully. I would be happy for the whole day. It might even make me forget about working for nine hours and rehearsing for an hour and a half...