UIL 5A Area C 2023

13 hours ago, clarinetistkai05 said:

I go to Forney, and we didn’t even attend that comp, so idk what you’re saying. Last week, we attended BOA Dallas and didn’t make finals, but still walked away with a caption and 3rd place in class 3A (boa classification is different). Poteet attended the same comp (BOA Prosper) Forney did this week. Poteet walked away with 28th versus us making finals and walking away with 9th in both prelims and finals. 

Don Hanna is an easier competition compared to BOA, so it’s not easy to judge the two schools when they are so different.

Obviously Forney going to win but NM is definitely making second their show is really good compared to Poteet but needs to be cleaned up more before next saturday Area

On 10/15/2023 at 8:36 PM, clarinetistkai05 said:

Time to predict this area yummyyyy

1. Forney 

2. Poteet

3. Anyone else (all of the shows I’ve seen from this area are actually good, I’m serious when I say any one of the other Area C schools can take 3rd).

west got first place in royse city prelims 

me personally i think forney poteet and pine tree/west have it in the bag for finals. forney and poteet both attend boa comps which are diffidently harder then don hannah and north getting 4th place, yes norths show is really good but they really dont have that much competition they go against ok and good bands while forney and poteet go agasint state and grand national winning bands i think north may have a change but they dont have it secure yet there show still needs alot of work.

my predictions are
1. forney - with caption and 3rd in class 3a
2. poteet - also with caption and made 9th in prelims and finals
3. west - with caption and 1st in royse city prelims and made finals 

i also want to mention that poteet was number 1 rated in mesquite and north was 3th during the mesquite marching festival 

1. poteet - best ensemble together - caption with best drumline 
2.west - good musicality - caption with best color guard and best snares 
3. north -best visual - best solo and good front ensemble
4. mesquite - good visual and best basses
5. horn - good musicality and good tuning

1 minute ago, BostonVibe said:

me personally i think forney poteet and pine tree/west have it in the bag for finals. forney and poteet both attend boa comps which are diffidently harder then don hannah and north getting 4th place, yes norths show is really good but they really dont have that much competition they go against ok and good bands while forney and poteet go agasint state and grand national winning bands i think north may have a change but they dont have it secure yet there show still needs alot of work.

my predictions are

i also want to mention that poteet was number 1 rated in mesquite and north was 3th during the mesquite marching festival 

poteet’s supposed 9th in prelims and finals was actually Forney. my original message with that one dude earlier this thread wasn’t clear, but Poteet got 28th in boa north Texas (or boa prosper). Forney got 9th in prelims, advanced to BOA North Texas finals and took 9th with a score of 80.35, and Forney also got 13th overall in BOA Bedford with an award in Class 3A for Visual Performance.

Just now, clarinetistkai05 said:

poteet’s supposed 9th in prelims and finals was actually Forney. my original message with that one dude earlier this thread wasn’t clear, but Poteet got 28th in boa north Texas (or boa prosper). Forney got 9th in prelims, advanced to BOA North Texas finals and took 9th with a score of 80.35, and Forney also got 13th overall in BOA Bedford with an award in Class 3A for Visual Performance.

in addition Forney also took home 5th in HEB Marching Contest this year, and also got prelims awards for Music Soloist and Visual Ensemble, as well as 2nd place in Class 5A.

6 minutes ago, BostonVibe said:

my predictions are

Where did you get the Royse City prelims results and the Mesquite Marching festival rankings for MISD?

14 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Well one more Region remains to determine if 4 bands advance from this Area!-

Please help me in congratulating these bands from Region 20 who advanced to area!-

Ennis HS

Hillcrest HS (Dallas)

Red Oak HS

Sunset HS (Dallas)

Wilson HS (Dallas)

Hillcrest and Wilson are Non-Varsity, TMF has them listed incorrectly

10 hours ago, DallasFan said:

I also think that will mean 10 finalists if theres more then 20 that qualified, even though there will probably be less then 20 bands actually at the contest. 

Yeah, my band qualified and our director told us there was 23 that are advancing to area. Im willing to bet under 20 will actually go, leaving 3 state spots. 

1 hour ago, chippedreeds said:

Yeah, my band qualified and our director told us there was 23 that are advancing to area. Im willing to bet under 20 will actually go, leaving 3 state spots. 

It doesn’t matter how many show up to area; what matters is how many QUALIFY. It’s one band per 5 that qualify. So, this area will have 4 spots for state.