UIL 6A Area B 2023

2 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Mansfield's show was alright, really love the capes in their show, but I feel like Mansfield is another one of those programs that have fallen off post-Covid. Like in 2018 (the last area before covid) they got 10th and made finals. In 2021, they got 14th and in 2022, they got 19th. Hope they get their glory back sometime in the future.

Not everything about their program is encompassed by their marching band, saw Region 5’s concert band UIL and much of the Non-Varsity and Varsity group’s performances throughout the several few days. Mansfield’s Varsity group was probably the group that I enjoyed the most, that included Lake Ridge, Legacy, and a couple of other good groups. I thought they performed really well last year and thought they were scored too harshly imo

don’t really think there’s a fall off here, more so an ebb and flow with what they wanted to do for marching band, ambition wise. It isn’t everything.

4 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

So cool to see the Haltom football team come out and support their band program! Really nice to see camaraderie between student orgs

Did Haltom have some come too? I know some HP football team members, coach and our principal came with posters. It made such a difference to our band seeing them show up to support like that! 

2 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Don’t sleep on Keller this year! I mean my goodness I haven’t heard superior control in phrases that long all day! Their sound is sooo freaking full, balanced, well blended, all the good adjectives you can think of! Their technique is clean as a whistle. The composition really allows you to hear the different voices in the ensemble not just in the brass but also in the woodwinds. That raises the demand considerably and 

and that trumpet feature in the beginning was something else entirely. It was like you were being transcended into another plane of existence 

so yeah I liked it lol

🤬🤬🤬🔫🔫🔫

1 hour ago, joshuawscott said:

8:00 Timber creek

8:15 Berkner

8:30 Waxahachie

8:45 Duncanville

9:00 Coppell

9:15 Keller Central

9:30 —Break—

9:45 Lake highlands

10:00 Southlake Carroll

10:15 Keller

10:30 JJ Pearce

10:45 Haltom

11:00 L.D. Bell

Good to see both Haltom and Pearce in finals. I was shocked that Lake Ridge didn't make finals. I knew state was pretty much out of the question for LR but I wasn't expecting them to miss finals. Not surprised to not see Martin in finals. Does anyone by any chance have the prelims scores?