UIL 4A Area C 2023

J-Mike16

46 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I personally think Sulpher Springs will win, with NL and Lumberton not far behind. As for everyone else, it’s a gamble at this point 

I could see that for sure. Area C is very top heavy and can be difficult trying to break past the main 5 groups that advance every year.

• 6 months later...

North Lamar is much stronger than they have been in years, so I think they will be 1st in Area C, with Sulphur Springs cleaning up (they are pretty messy right now) placing 2nd, and Lumberton placing 3rd. It would be awesome to see Lumberton on top, but I just don't think it'll happen with SS being a good fake 4A (essentially a 5A in terms of kids marching), and NL being better than they have in the past few years

38 minutes ago, deank10 said:

North Lamar is much stronger than they have been in years, so I think they will be 1st in Area C, with Sulphur Springs cleaning up (they are pretty messy right now) placing 2nd, and Lumberton placing 3rd. It would be awesome to see Lumberton on top, but I just don't think it'll happen with SS being a good fake 4A (essentially a 5A in terms of kids marching), and NL being better than they have in the past few years

Agreed. The new band director at NL is from Anna. He’s brought in a lot of those elements that make Anna great. 

• 2 weeks later...

Full Predictions on how I think it will be....

1st - Sulphur Springs*

2nd - Lumberton*

3rd - North Lamar

4th - Bridge City 

5th - Paris

6th - West Fork

7th - Little Cypress-Mauriceville

8th - Pleasant Grove

9th - Palestine

10th - Splendora

-----

11th - Liberty-Eylau

12th - Livingston

13th - Huffman Hargrave

14th - Liberty

15th - Silsbee

I put asterisks on both SS and Lumberton because I can see both taking 1st.

After watching most of the bands (mostly online), my prediction is Sulphur Springs, Lumberton, Bridge City, North Lamar, and Paris as well. It feels like there is a pretty big drop off after the top four and Paris and then a really steep drop off to the remaining bands. Barring something strange happening in a performance, I would be pretty shocked if it isn't the five I listed advancing to state from Area C.

From a non-biased point of view, Lumberton has stepped it up musically and visually. The show this year is just on another level compared to the last few. The only thing they need to do is just clean in both visual and music. If they can clean the show up (specifically the closer. They just learned it last week!), then they could potentially be a frontrunner to win Area and to then make State Finals.

Well! Here are the results from yesterday's event! 

*1st - North Lamar (2022: 1st)

*2nd - Sulphur Springs (2022: 2nd)

*3rd - Paris (2022: 3rd)

*4th - Lumberton (2022: 4th)

*5th - Bridge City (2022: 5th)

6th - Pleasant Grove (2022: 6th)

7th - Little Cypress-Mauriceville (2022: 10th)

8th - Splendora (2022: 8th)

9th - Liberty-Eylau (2022: 7th)

10th - Livingston (2022: 12th)

11th - Palestine (2022: 9th)

12th - Hargrave (2022: 11th)

13th - Silsbee (2022: 14th)

14th - West Fork (2022: Did not compete. Brand New School)

15th - Liberty (2022: Received a 2 at Region) 

This was the only area where the top 6 placed in the same order just like last year. 

Congratulations to all the Advancing bands from Area C along with everyone else! Some pretty impressive stuff here in Southeast/East Texas.