UIL 4A State Marching Contest 2023 (November 1)

Dave609

2 hours ago, Lemonpanda2328 said:

My director told our band that they're moving up to 5a next year

They turned in an enrollment of 1,166 according to Matt Stepp and the Dave Campbell's Texas Football crew.

Last year, the cutoff for 4A/5A was 1,299. That number will likely change, but it will probably go up.

Unless that's an incorrect number or something out of the blue happens with realignment, they will be 4A again the next two years.

5 hours ago, Lemmons said:

I find it highly impressive that Canyon ISD had all three school advance to state and two of their school advance to finals. So one school district takes 20% of the top 10 in the state. Quite the accomplishment for one school district. 

Did the same last year! All three of the high schools in Canyon have amazing band programs. Definitely look for them doing more of the same in the future- hopefully all three of them! 

3 hours ago, VRPopPop said:

we literally got home, and one of the front ensemble members sends all of percussion this link, and i realize just from the link that we got a news post the day after state, and the fact that it's the second time in a row we went to state in school history. last year we got a news post as well. so 2 state trips, 2 news posts

Just now, HoneydewClairnet said:

does anyone have a video of the retreat? im hoping to save it and turn it into a keepsake that ill give to my friends and we all open it in our senior year after that marching season. 

the finals retreat, not prelims. preferably multicam but highbox works just as well!

54 minutes ago, HoneydewClairnet said:

does anyone have a video of the retreat? im hoping to save it and turn it into a keepsake that ill give to my friends and we all open it in our senior year after that marching season. 

I do, but its 390 MB, and the max is 2, and it's only of the announcements of finalists

On 11/2/2023 at 2:37 PM, ViewFromTheBox said:

They turned in an enrollment of 1,166 according to Matt Stepp and the Dave Campbell's Texas Football crew.

Last year, the cutoff for 4A/5A was 1,299. That number will likely change, but it will probably go up.

Unless that's an incorrect number or something out of the blue happens with realignment, they will be 4A again the next two years.

I might be thinking of a different band then. His general point was that there are alot of 4a bands about to move up

On 11/2/2023 at 11:50 AM, Lemonpanda2328 said:

My director told our band that they're moving up to 5a next year

On snapshot day, they turned in an enrollment of 1,166. For the 2022-2024 alignment, the bottom cutoff of AAAAA was 1,300. It's unusual for those cutoffs to go down, so it's very likely that they will stay in AAAA for two more years.