8:30 p.m. – Edinburg North H.S., TX
8:45 p.m. – Gladys Porter Early College H.S., TX
9:00 p.m. – Roma H.S., TX
9:15 p.m. – Pioneer H.S., TX
9:30 p.m. – Edinburg H.S., TX
9:45 p.m. – John B. Alexander H.S., TX
10:00 p.m. – Pieper H.S., TX
10:15 p.m. – United H.S., TX

10:30 p.m. – Port Isabel H.S., TX (In Exhibition)

United winning 4a but taking no captions? Even if their caption scores were right below the others and well rounded out, it wouldn't be enough to warrant a win? JBA took GE and Visual and Del Rio took Vis, is this even mathematically possible? Unless there was some sort of penalization I am not aware of, still pretty crazy

2 minutes ago, deeznutz said:

United winning 4a but taking no captions? Even if their caption scores were right below the others and well rounded out, it wouldn't be enough to warrant a win? JBA took GE and Visual and Del Rio took Vis, is this even mathematically possible? Unless there was some sort of penalization I am not aware of, still pretty crazy

we will find out when recaps come out!

If you look at the top half/bottom half groupings, tonight is going to be electric! Majority of these programs are well Season for night shows, and I’m sure will make necessary adjustments. 

Roma sweeping AA I’m sure has Pioneer fired up. 

Pieper new to the McAllen Region and now Class AAA champs, where’d they fair overall?!?

Battle in AAAA land with crosstown rivals United and Alexander. Preview of the Area G all starters perhaps??

Just now, riverdrums said:

If you look at the top half/bottom half groupings, tonight is going to be electric! Majority of these programs are well Season for night shows, and I’m sure will make necessary adjustments. 

Roma sweeping AA I’m sure has Pioneer fired up. 

Pieper new to the McAllen Region and now Class AAA champs, where’d they fair overall?!?

Battle in AAAA land with crosstown rivals United and Alexander. Preview of the Area G all starters perhaps??

This! It’s amazing to see the growth and influence of south texas bands over the years. 

Ain’t nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly competition, all in all, every single one of these bands have a uniqueness to them and I am extremely excited to see how they grow throughout the season & the coming years! 

1 minute ago, SoundOff said:

This! It’s amazing to see the growth and influence of south texas bands over the years. 

Ain’t nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly competition, all in all, every single one of these bands have a uniqueness to them and I am extremely excited to see how they grow throughout the season & the coming years! 

real

5 minutes ago, bbpoision said:

i don't think a penalty would have effected it, united probably just had the better overall performance 🤷

the way I'm seeing it is that united won because the other 2 bands, Del Rio and John B. Alexander didn't place well in the captions they didn't win. So it could be possible that United had a possible 2nd place placement in all 3 while Del Rio and Alexander were much lower in the placements.

4 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

the way I'm seeing it is that united won because the other 2 bands, Del Rio and John B. Alexander didn't place well in the captions they didn't win. So it could be possible that United had a possible 2nd place placement in all 3 while Del Rio and Alexander were much lower in the placements.

This seems probable. Good catch!