2023 BOA DFW (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

1 minute ago, Vidal28 said:

Lone Star: hard to say where they are currently! They are definitely a finalist-caliber band, it all depends on how immersed one can be with the subject matter of traffic gridlock!😂

but yeah, they’re a fantastic group, chaotic, fun and exciting musical moments abound. Wish y’all luck in getting to finals!

Honestly finals feels like a lock for them - it’s if they can break into the upper placements I think they’re fighting for.

Just now, Vidal28 said:

Lone Star: hard to say where they are currently! They are definitely a finalist-caliber band, it all depends on how immersed one can be with the subject matter of traffic gridlock!😂

but yeah, they’re a fantastic group, fun and exciting musical moments abound. Wish y’all luck in getting to finals!

Ik! It's kind of hard to know where to put them. Amazing show, but I wonder how it will translate in terms of GE

Marcus: Above the noise- HELLO MARCUS!!! I mean HOLY COW, THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! They sound so much better volume wise than they ever did last year! Guard was on fire, that percussion, don't even get me started! Such a huge, rich sound! Soloist were just fabulous, and they were just ripping through that music like it was a piece of cake! If they are 2nd, it wouldn't be surprised yall, after seeing flomo last weekend at Wylie, they could definitely take them, but if they don't it should be super close. Amazing job Marcus!!! 

1 minute ago, symphbee said:

After first two blocks - here’s how my potential finalists placed - what are y’all thinking?

Marcus

Wakeland

Coppell

Lone Star

SLC

Forney

Sachse

Here's what I'm thinking 

Marcus 

Wakeland 

Coppell 

Forney 

Lonestar 

SLC 

Sachse 

I could also see Trinity slipping in, they had a really great run as well! 

17 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Marcus: Above the noise- HELLO MARCUS!!! I mean HOLY COW, THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! They sound so much better volume wise than they ever did last year! Guard was on fire, that percussion, don't even get me started! Such a huge, rich sound! Soloist were just fabulous, and they were just ripping through that music like it was a piece of cake! If they are 2nd, it wouldn't be surprised yall, after seeing flomo last weekend at Wylie, they could definitely take them, but if they don't it should be super close. Amazing job Marcus!!! 

They probably have a better finals performance in store as well. It’s tough to disagree with their sound palette, even if they injected a bit more chaotic energy than they typically do! The flag features in the ballad will also be more effective under the night lights as they were last week! They are in the mix with everyone today!

6 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Here's what I'm thinking 

Marcus 

Wakeland 

Coppell 

Forney 

Lonestar 

SLC 

Sachse 

I totally see Forney higher up, I think maybe the early morning bias got me but their show was COOL. Trinity is my next out as well, it’ll be a nail biter for them and Sachse on the bubble.

8 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Here's what I'm thinking 

Marcus 

Wakeland 

Coppell 

Forney 

Lonestar 

SLC 

Sachse 

Unfortunately, the final block says “Hello” for some of these groups😳😮

only locks currently are Marcus, Wakeland and Coppell🤯

3 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

Unfortunately, the final block says “Hello” for some of these groups😳😮

only locks currently are Marcus, Wakeland and Coppell🤯

Yeah Id say I agree, everyone else was just “finalist potential”, but I think Forney should be in pretty comfortably and Lonestar was great musically and visually, my biggest concern for them is GE, but I think they most likely will get in, but I’m just happy I’m not a judge, definitely don’t envy them